Thread: Top 20 muds
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2003, 05:18 PM   #40
Mason

Mason is on a distinguished road
I would like to echo the sentiments of those who suggest the community is disappearing.  I always liked this place as a resource and as a vehicle for interesting debates about MUDs.  However, once this place became a mere "banner exchange," I lost most of my respect for this site.

If this place is just a banner exchange, then all Achaea's traffic does is raise the advertising rate for other muds.  But, these is no evidence that the voters from Achaea are actually checking out any other muds.  As such, Muds will see their advertising rate increase but see no noticeable difference.  Eventually, people will stop advertising and the whole house of cards will come tumbling down.

Also important to consider is the_logos' continued denial and resistance to other people's opinions demonstrates that he is only concerned with his own mud - not TMS or anyone else.  And, as Terloch mentioned, I too am still awaiting Achaea's adverts.  

Unless things change, I think we can all expect to see fewer and fewer people actually interested in this site.  And, as a personal note, notwithstanding Synorzeer's inability to police the boards, I"m a liitle disappointed in his failure to address this in a manner that responds to people's concerns.  Though in the short term it may benefit him to have Achaea at the top of the list, in the long term I think it can only do irreparable harm.
Mason is offline   Reply With Quote