View Single Post
Old 05-27-2005, 07:49 AM   #28
Lisaera

Lisaera is on a distinguished road
As I said in my post, we've tried to make it so skill can beat bought perks and those who have done something like spending a lot of time getting their levels up.

I actually forgot about WoW's system of having experience bonuses after being logged off, I remember reading about that a while back. I liked the idea of that at the time, as I've always felt their strength was the the ability to allow casual gamers to play happily alongside powergamers.

This is something I really appreciate these days because I'm so busy at work and working on Lusternia. In the past I would spend hours playing RPGs like Baldur's Gate and more recently things like Fable, but I just don't have the time anymore and when I've dealt with a stressful situation at work or while being an admin I just want to wind down, so I'll shove Halo 2 in my xbox and blast away.

I do think casual gamers should be able to have a great time on games, but at the same time I don't think hardcore gamers should be punished in any way for putting a lot of effort into the game. It's all a question of getting the balance right between your players that play 6 hours a week and your players that play 40 hours a week. We have plenty of both.
Lisaera is offline   Reply With Quote