View Single Post
Old 10-07-2002, 10:32 PM   #1
shade

shade is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

I been building for a few years and had most roles in that department, evrything from Jr Builder to headbuilder. One thign that strikes me alot is the number of builders you usually have to take on to get one or two dedicated and good ones. So i sat down and thought why is it like this ?. Mainly i think its cause ALOT of muds gives the builder his/hers vnums tells them to build something and talk to the head builder if the need anything, now i see building as any art..you need insperation and people to get inspired by to get it to be good.
I cant say that i see alot of IMP or headbuilders just taking a day taging along as the builder build and giving him ideas, hearing more about his area and his plan hey even about the rp he planned for it. This i personally think is crucial, unless you get suport and inspiration from the imms above you why in gods name would you wanna spend your free time doing #### for them for free ?. Building takes time, effort and commitment and should be rewarded or if nothing else suported and encouraged more. You can train any half wit to be a newbie helper, quest imm or enforcer. but having someone produce 10 areas for you with great desc's and cool layouts is totaly diff.

Shade
-Mercy is for loosers-
shade is offline   Reply With Quote