View Single Post
Old 06-19-2004, 09:41 AM   #27
Aardwolf

Aardwolf is on a distinguished road
I have never been comfortable with cross-referencing player's i/p addresses from the link on the website with their i/p address in the game to determine who did and did not vote. I could not see a situation in which I would need that information that did not cause me to at least behave or feel differently towards people that did and didn't vote, even if I didn't actually act on it. Not to imply that other MUDs haven't found valid and perfectly "legal" uses for this information, it just doesn't work for me personally.

What we do have on Aardwolf is a command that players can type which basically says "In 12 hours time, remind me to vote". After they type that command, 12 hours later they get a reminder. I guess this technically is sending different output to people based on whether they voted or not, but they have to opt-in to it, it can be turned off at any time and it is not monitored.

As for whether or not players are using scripts to vote, I cannot address that as it is off-mud and I have absolutely no way to know even if I had the inclination to try.
Aardwolf is offline   Reply With Quote