View Single Post
Old 09-23-2002, 10:46 PM   #123
GenmaC

GenmaC is on a distinguished road
I don't pay to play anything. I code on my own MUD, and I'm a builder/imm on Cities of Glory (a free Swedish MUD). I've played several of the MUDs on the top 20 list. I've contributed in my own small way to several code snippet sites, and helped quite a few people get polymorphs working in SMAUG (as an example). I don't pay hundreds, tens, or even a single dollar to ANY MUD that I play, ever, nor do I plan to (I don't play any online game that requires monthly payment either - if it's not free to play online, I don't buy it).

So take it from someone in the "MUD Community" - shut up. You are making those of us who don't have jealousy issues look very very bad.

And, yeah, a lot of the people here might be bigger figures in the "MUD community" than I am, which is fine. Some might be better coders than I am. Some might run a bigger MUD than Cities of Glory. The point is, if it's against the rules, report it. If you just can't stand Achaea, say so, but please, don't claim to represent the "MUD Community", or give arbitrary decisions on which MUDs qualify to be part of the "MUD Community" and which do not.