View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 01:55 PM   #1
Asanadas

Asanadas is on a distinguished road
Don't play ArmageddonMUD

Hello, friends. This is a post I've made on Optional Realities, another MUD community. Since TMS is similar to OR in discussion capability, and with the fact that Armageddon has bounced around on TMS's rating scales over the past months, I've felt it apt to repost this here. The original post is here:

I went by Asanadas on ArmageddonMUD. My previous "qualifications" are that I volunteered as an administrator then head administrator on a roleplay Space Station 13 community called Baystation12. I enter and leave this statement with the knowledge of how to oversee a community and how to deal with dissatisfied players one on one.

I'm here to tell you that yes, Armageddon can be a fun game. It can be capturing in its environment and possibility. I'm sure that the near~1,000 real hours I invested in one of my characters Sergeant Dannet over the course of months was an overall enjoyable experience, and it's helped me as a writer and a creator to have gleamed that snippet of an experience.

It can be a fun game, yes. It has the potential to be so. However, there is one overbearing aspect that can and will ruin any enjoyment for the unlucky player. That aspect is the staff team.

This is not to say that all staffers are bad people; but the ones that sit on top, Nessalin and Nyr, are toxic. Cavaticus and Talia are also just as incompetent, if not as decidedly hostile. Their reputation will precede them in many venues, and I'll seek to add this venue to the list.

My experiences with these excuses for administrators is well documented here, . Be aware that while I usually am a kind person, the amount of frustration I faced regarding the rewards sent my way for demanding better from the staff team with the intention of improving my fellow players' experience was incalculable. As such, I used harsh language in that thread, and harsh language is used by others.

Looking at the Policies of TMS here, due to the fact that all of the characters mentioned in the thread are dead or forced into storage & there is no discussion of active plots, I think I am within the rules posting this here.

If you, as a reader, have any intention of beginning to play Armageddon, I'd like to assert I was in your shoes once. For a glimpse of a potential experience, read my interactions with the senior staff of this MUD and see how worthless my opinion or input was treated... all ~1,000 hours of it. It is a long read -- 24 pages at the current time -- but it is my experience with this game as it unfolded... an online diary if you will. Not all 24 pages is my writing; there are more than a dozen other players expressing sympathy and further stating that my experience was "normal", was "what to expect" when dealing with this staff team. My intention is to spread this around and allow potential players the knowledge that the people they will be dealing with upon entering this MUD do not care about them, nor do they pretend to follow their own rules.

My advice at the beginning was not to play in the Arm of the Dragon, a clan in the game in which the staff member overseeing it made a grave error he failed to correct. Now, months later, after suffering from petty insults, unjustified punishments, and censorship, my advice to you is not to play Armageddon. If you want to disregard this advice, at least read my "diary" so you know what to expect. Let the staff team deserve what they have, and the playerbase deserve what they get: you deserve better. Whatever enjoyment one may have gotten from this game was severed relatively recently due to the changing policies of this excuse of a staff team -- right now, it is a pale shadow of what it once was, what it could be. I am severely disappointed that this is the case, because I loved this game. I hate what it is now.

Asanadas is offline   Reply With Quote