View Single Post
Old 02-17-2005, 03:14 PM   #26
the_logos
Legend

the_logos will become famous soon enough
Heh, your mindset is amusing. Imagine considering a great player resource like Thottbot an attack rather than an asset to your game community. Talk about missing the forest for the trees. I'd kill to have people as competent as the Cosmos/Thottbot guys doing that for one of my worlds.

In the real world, where most developer's vision isn't as obscured as yours is, sites like Thottbot are encouraged as legitimate player resources. It's generally only ego-driven admins who want to 'beat the players' or show the players how much smarter they are than them who get ****y when someone doesn't find things out JUST as the developer intended.

And hey, guess what? Blizzard is run by great, professional developers. That's probably why, if you had actually bothered to do any research (*gasp*, imagine doing that! ), you'd discover that Blizzard has an entire forum section on their official forums devoted to custom UIs like Cosmos, which feeds Thottbot its information. They've even made a thread about which UIs are available sticky so that the thread stays at the top. Note that the first post following the Blizzard rep's thread-starting post is about Cosmos.

So are you even more outraged now? How dare I post a link about Cosmos/Thottbot from WoW's official forums! My god, I'm like the devil!

Oh, by the way, you might also want to check out Allakhazam's site, which also has lots of quest walk-throughs:

(yep, look at me, I did it again! I posted another web link to a well-known WoW resource! By the way, you can also use this cool little site you've probably never heard of called 'Google' () to find all sorts of information. )

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote