View Single Post
Old 08-27-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
Hephos

Home MUD: www.sharune.com
Hephos is on a distinguished road
Re: Roomless World Size

It doesn't have to indicate quality.

It indicates the world is written by a person and not generated random by the computer. That is enough. I'm not saying it have to indicate quality (even if i believe it does). I can't seem to understand why you hang up yourself on that.

If i'm looking for a mud, i want to get rid of those that are auto-generated right away. And showing that in the listing is a nice thing to have.

And it is REALLY bad to just have a listing for how many rooms a game have. There is a difference if they are auto-generated or written by hand. A mud that has several very creative builders writing up 50 zones might end up with 2500 rooms, while your auto-generated stuff shows 150k. It is not fair to have them in the same kind of listing. In fact, IMO its totally stupid. It should show in the listing.

Again:
(Just an example, could probably be done better...)

Why the heck do you not want that kind of distinction? Are you afraid your game will be less visited if it shows it is auto-generated? Why would this listing be any worse than the current one that just display a room amount?

Last edited by Hephos : 08-27-2007 at 12:40 PM.
Hephos is offline   Reply With Quote