View Single Post
Old 06-19-2005, 08:27 AM   #2
prof1515

prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Well, getting PK'd by someone higher than you is always a problem because you stand something to lose with little chance of gaining anything. The PKer on the other hand stands little to lose and, in their insecure mind, everything to gain. Back when I used to play a H&S, I used to recommend that if a PC PKed a player of a different level, they either were raised or lowered to that PKed PCs level. Of course, this brought out cries of "NO" from all the PKers because with the rare exception, they amassed their PKs cowardly picking on lower levels (in fact, I recall getting PKed a couple times while in the teen levels by PCs well over a hundred levels higher than me).

As for being able to monitor newbie-killers, why not review logs of the game? If your game features any logging system, you'd be able to tell if a PC is a newbie-killer or not. If your game doesn't feature a logging system, maybe that's something to spend your time coding. Certainly helps cut through the lies that some PCs will tell to be able to review the logs of what happened and weed out the facts.

Take care,

Jason
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote