View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 08:29 PM   #1
Clover

Home MUD: Transgenesis
Clover is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Clover
Red face At a loss. Want to help?

Hi everyone.
In the mix of coding all kinds of cool stuff into Transgenesis and building rooms at the same time, I have come into a bit of writer's block. So I would like your opinion on some things. Feel free to be as brutally open and honest as you can. Detailed answers are a plus too.

Transgenesis is a post-modern MUD with hints of "The Island of Doctor Moreau", "Shadowrun", "FInal Fantasy" and some others. It is much like earth, with the key difference being that humanity has undergone a mass termination of life, cutting population from nearly 7 Billion to just over a few million. Genetic modification has given malicious sentience to certain plants and animals (sometimes even minerals), brought back supernatural creatures to the world like Demons, Elementals (called Reflections) and many others. The main area is Dystopia, the main city where humans have come together to live. Electricity is expensive so most of electricity-based technology is rare and expensive. Guns, artillary as well as magic and normal melee weapons exist to battle the "darkness." The system is classless and raceless.

So.. here are my questions.

1. In a game such as this, what kind of areas (zones or rooms) would you, as a player, like to see?

2. What types of antagonists do you think would make the game more interesting?

3. Can you think of any non-standard skills or abilities which you think might be fun or interesting to add to such a world?

4. Can you think of anything else that you might like to see in such a world?

Thanks in advance!
Clover is offline   Reply With Quote