Thread: SEX!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2005, 05:18 PM   #4
Jazuela

Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
I think it really depends on the situation and the characters involved, and the players' personal threshold for acceptance of that sort of detail.

Most of the time I would "fade to black," meaning, get some kissing and a bit of groping started but once it comes to the hay-rolling part I (or the other person) would send an OOC message saying we'll just assume it happened and skip to the zipping the pants back up part.

There were a couple of times when it seemed pretty important to act it out. One in particular, my character had been molested by her father as a child and was -completely- afraid of intimacy growing up and throughout her young adulthood. She finally met someone she felt comfortable with - who had also experienced intimacy issues. I wanted to see how things would progress. Would she get to "that moment" and freak out? Would she submit utterly and let her passion overcome her fear? Would it be something in the middle? I really wasn't sure where it would go, until I took it there. So - I did, with the consent of the other character's player (who also wanted to know if this "moment" would resolve his character's issues).

Mudsex, for its own sake - isn't a focus for me at all. I don't shy away from it, but it isn't why I roleplay. If the situation presents itself, and it doesn't look like it's gonna turn into some crazy 2-hour marathon, I probably wouldn't object to it. But again, it isn't the focus of my roleplaying, and there are usually more interesting things to do in roleplaying games.
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote