Thread: A Question
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2002, 10:08 AM   #1
weiss

weiss is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Hmmm Ok I've been wondering this for a while.

On the mud I play, we have a certain player (he's been around for about a year or so now). He has several high level characters, and is a member of a guild. Whenever you talk to him, he comes accross as very newbie ish, Twinkish I suppose. He means well though, he is fairly young, (14 or 15 rl). Everybody on the mud is fairly mean to him (I am guilty of this too), he doesn't really mean any harm, but he is always making somewhat of a nuisance of himself (I'm sure we've all seen his type around). What my question is, is this... At what point does being mean become "too mean". I find myself reading peoples messages to him and thinking to myself, yes I know he's annoying but he doesn't deserve that much abuse, while at other times I get as annoyed as everyone else. It's got to a point now where even the immortal staff publicly have a go at him some even have their test characters having <anti playername> in their title which I think should _not_ be allowed. Anyway, just wanted to see if anyone else has had any similar people to this, and how they dealt with it.

Weiss
weiss is offline   Reply With Quote