View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 05:09 PM   #10
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Armegeddon Forum Policy?

Hello dark acacia, I'll try to respond to some of your comments.
Nothing in the game is forced roleplay. You start as a character with a choice of backgrounds and race. What you do with it is your own roleplay.

It doesn't test that, it tests their ability to join an exclusive group. He never had to. He failed on one of the easier guilds and then again to become a guildless person. That quest is actually easier than he made it, but he didn't understand it nor did he get help from others. I remember this guy, he was better off in a game that has easy quests and easy rankings.

I read his post and found that when he had the opportunity to roleplay he didn't want to. He wanted to hack and slash his way into a guild. Doesn't work that way. I know it may seem like you are FORCED to roleplay, but you aren't. He didn't even have roleplay with others if he didn't want to, but nothing is easy on NWA. You have to show some semblance of commitment to something. Should the Garrison really allow any weakling without honor into it? Should the Shaman allow those lacking a spiritual understanding into their guild, should the Merchants allow a person who only wants to battle into their fold?

No he posted a singular moment in the Tavern late at night. I told you I recognized this player and he was about as far away from roleplay ability as a 13 year old on Pokemon mud.

This is a standard practice when doing roleplay like a theater event, sermon, or other preplanned event. While many events utilize spontanaiety, for some it slows down the game if you aren't prepared. You likely have never been involved in a setup group roleplay event like this. I have seen 100's and many are very interactive throughout even during sermons you have great conflict after. Some roleplay events are boring, that doesn't mean the roleplayer is bad. Your interaction in roleplay defines who you are. If you do not like to engage don't blame the roleplayer you are not interacting with.

Did you ever make it into a guild on NWA?
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote