View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
Jezreel

Jezreel is on a distinguished road
Wow. I had one of the newbie players tell me that there were several replies on here so I checked back in.

As far as the mud crashing several times every 10 minutes.. I find it hard to believe that you were on the same mud WITH THE EXCEPTION of a specific hour the other day where another mud on the same server was screwing with other muds sharing the server. If that was the hour you were playing you should play the lottery because that was once in a blue moon. Most of the time the uptime is 1-2 weeks with an admin rebooting for item loads.

For those of you who analyzed my post. All I can say is get a life. It was a 30 second post with the hope to attract others to a mud and it's community of players.  Not that it matters but I started playing text-based ansi adventures with MBBS which was basically the beginning of the internet.. From BBS to MBBS 4 users to 8 users to 16 users to 24 users to 49 users etc.  The original muds were on Glacticomm, Moonshae Isles, and Logicom MBBS (Major Bulletin Board System).

I am sure there were so other versions and forms of muds popping up or happening elsewhere. It was an awesome era to be a teenagers in...

I payed the orginal diku and merc muds as well. Then Orin acquired the code and slopped a bunch of code together to create Emlen. At that point several coders spent several years trying to fix the code which is the reason there are many emlen muds that basically aren't emlen but the result of different coders hard work.

At any rate.. aturion.com at port 3333 is a nice mud. There is a history and a reason for help files not being complete and a few mob descriptions being wrong. Help files were complete at one point but somewhere along the way some of them disappeared. The admins are old and are in real life doing real life things. It doesn't effect the stability of the mud or game play.

The mapping feature works fine with every mud client I have used.

I have logged and to hundreds of other muds and they all seem to be more of the same. Aturion Dynasty continues to entertain and keep my interest.

Peace.
Jezreel is offline   Reply With Quote