View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:57 PM   #3
Sasca

Sasca is on a distinguished road
Re: Looking for a MUD

I've played New Worlds before- last time for about a year. I found that there were, at any given time, a lot of people logged in to the game, but not so many of them were actively playing. My character had knowledge of about 15-20 people (in the game, you must meet and greet people before they appear on your 'who list') and very often, I would try to contact those I knew, and got a message like 'That person is AFK'.

New Worlds allows players to 'idle' their characters for hours at a time, so that the players can receive bonuses for being 'online'. This means that there are often characters that are just hanging around in Guild Halls and such, idle and unresponsive, the players being at work or in school or what-ever. I think it's very misleading to say that 'There are over 100 (players) constantly', which makes it sound as if there are dozens of people who are ready to RP with you. That isn't the case on NW. I thought it might be fair to clear this up for the OP who was looking for a good population.
Sasca is offline   Reply With Quote