View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 11:53 PM   #13
Jherlen

Jherlen is on a distinguished road
Re: If you've ever thought of playing Armageddon...

Dark acacia, it sounds like you had a bad experience. I'm sorry to hear that. I can say for certain, though, that some of what you said is untrue. I am a helper in game, and I can assure you, we try to be as helpful as we can, OOCly. Feel free to come if you don't believe me. The Armageddon forums do have some snarky and unhelpful posts from time to time, but the majority aren't, and staff moderate out the more vitriolic posts. I think any large MUD community has forums with the same challenges. They certainly happen here on TMS as well.

That said, I'll quote back some of the things you said that are true. I'm not that interested in arguing over the rest, but feel free to PM me here or in the Armageddon forum if you'd like to discuss in more detail.

(edit: Since obviously your list came out of your personal experience - I have no reason to call you a liar - I'm not saying the things I didn't quote are "false", just that I don't think they are going to accurately reflect the experience every new player is going to see.)

Armageddon is a permadeath game, and there's no newbie area or "new player" flag, so if you aren't careful both in coded and social interactions, yes, your character can die pretty quickly. There are easier roles to play that have better chances of living a while, and there are roles that might be more fun in the short-term but will be much more challenging to last. While the game has a certain harshness in character, we try hard to be welcoming to new players out of character. Like I said, please visit the helper chat if you don't believe me. There's usually 3-4 (non-staff) players available to help answer questions.

Last edited by Jherlen : 11-14-2013 at 01:46 AM.
Jherlen is offline   Reply With Quote