View Single Post
Old 11-11-2003, 07:12 PM   #15
kaylus1

You already said the immortal wasn't very friendly, and taciturn. Other people have disagreed, accountabilty has nothing to do with it. Even then, as you can see it was already logged, and those in charge probably know who did it. Logs abound on muds.

We all saw the log, it was even in the note you replied to.

(Newbie) Pashka: is this not the only channel available? i thought that in one of the help files it was also where we could search for and find hunting partners
(Newbie) An Immortal: All mortal-mortal communication is done In Character.
(Newbie) An Immortal: No, that's what it's not for. It's only for out of character questions about the game.
(Newbie) An Immortal: 'help newbie channel' explains. Use say, tell, etc. to communicate with other players IC.

Looks like an abundance of help.

That is another misleading statement. The real situation: Player asks if there are any other channels and if this one is appropriate. Player is told no, IC is the only way these are the commands and here is the help file for finding out more.

This would be akin to: Joe asks if there is any other food, and if this mushroom is appropriate. Joe is told no, fish is the only thing to eat here, there is the stream and here's some tips.

More like because people are too lazy to do it themselves. Just kidding, you are wrong. Many universities offer distant learning, quite a few of my friends have received diplomas online from real colleges and universities. (

Q1: It's roleplaying, find out. =)
Q2: Pashka asked: "Is this the only channel available?" followed by a musing about thinking he could use it to find a hunting buddy. They directed him to the help file.

I think he was treated quite well, from what I saw of the log. If there was more of the log that I have not seen, feel free to correct me.

Jazuela
Bwahahaha. I love it. Sounds about right on the money for most of the twinks that log on RP-Muds. Although I must say there was a time when the whole IC/OOC was stupid to me as well, until I learned better.