View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Darren Brimhall

Darren Brimhall is on a distinguished road
Re: Testing out Engines for Eternea

Easily....

I'll just let the Boss do it.

What our game is, it is an interactive storytelling game, if you will, much like a Mush. It is NOT a dungeons and dragon sort of game. Because the game is a social storytelling game, role-play is mandatory. We want out players to be able to freely roam the world, or at least where doors are not locked, discovering plots and entangling themselves in political and social aspects of the game.

The environment over time would also need to be able to change to a degree, so to accommodate the changes that arise from role-play. Now, the changes may not need to be something sudden or major, but the game needs to be flexible enough to support plots. This is one reason we would like to have a system like or better than Quest. To make changes in the game, it would not require an in-depth or even moderate understanding of coding language to remove, add, or alter things in the game. You can easily add object, change descriptions, or add skills to the game, with little to no programming skills. Once the engine is actually up and running, the game could run without having to turn to a coder to do every little thing. Lets give an examine, have you ever seen Iron realm games? This would be the sort of game we would like to have, of course with far more role-playing and plot driven events. They have an incredible engine that would allow any person (staff) without programming skills to create objects, even, skills.

Now, I am not asking for something quite as advanced yet, but an engine like Quest sort of gets me what I want to see behind the stage and in stage/ environment.

So essentially something that is decent, easily exspandable, easily modifiable by those with little or no programming experience

Darren Brimhall
Darren Brimhall is offline   Reply With Quote