Thread: Age of Builders
View Single Post
Old 02-17-2004, 05:57 AM   #13
smadronia

smadronia is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to smadronia
Personally, I prefer that my builders be out of high school. I seldom get that. I figure if they're out of high school, they're not worrying about their senior project, or building when they should be working on homework needed to graduate. Usually after graduation they either live on their own (dorm, place of their own, etc), or they live with parents who are more willing to let them stay up late or play on the computer more. Plus, they often have jobs, and have more experience with deadlines and people expecting things of them.

That being said, I don't turn builders away if they haven't graduated high school. I don't even ask their age right off the bat. Usually I can get a pretty good idea of how old someone is by how they act on the mud. And as long as they follow the rules and do their work, I don't care if they're 10 or 70.

I knew a guy who became an immortal at 14, he is one of the two people I've met that really showed promise at building. If he'd kept at it he would have built some really phenominal areas. He turned 18 back in December, so I know age isn't an indication of someone's abilties.
smadronia is offline   Reply With Quote