View Single Post
Old 08-21-2002, 11:35 AM   #8
Neranz Laverani

Neranz Laverani is on a distinguished road
I keep reading that in some codebases, you cannot just rip them out. Of course, the answer to that is to make sure that the mud is not dependent on the area's existance and to not include mobiles and objects from one area in another. Problems could arise if an administrator yanks the area supplying the mobs and objects.

One of the advantages of not supplying large amount of stock areas is keeping muds with the same codebase from looking exactly alike. Whether tons of muds with the same codebase look alike may or may not be an issue with administrators who want to start a mud. However, if you put a lot of time into developing a codebase, do you want people to log onto your mud and so "oh its just another XYZ mud?" I think this would sting some especially when you put in the original effort that the other XYZ muds reply upon.

One possible answer is to create stock areas that are different from the areas you are using for your implementation of the mud. That means developing a codebase, building a world, and building a second world though. That is what I am trying to decide, whether to build a second world to distribute, or just enough to show balance and examples.

Neranz Laverani, Seeker of Knowledge
Neranz Laverani is offline   Reply With Quote