Old 04-18-2002, 06:12 PM   #1
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

What got you started in roleplaying?

What keeps you coming back to a fantastical environment - regardless of the actual theme - and playing the part of an imaginary character?

Some folks will look at you oddly if you tell them this is your hobby, while they macrame or paint themselves blue and red for the football game or build model railroads or chase a dimpled ball around a course while wearing bad pants and worse shoes.

You roleplay? What, don't you have anything better to do with your time?

But nobody thinks twice about actors or writers, who do this sort of thing for fun and profit.

I roleplay because, as a storyteller, I have always gotten more of a charge out of interactive storylines. I like the give and take. I like building stories around characters I don't necessarily have to control.

I roleplay on the Internet because, given my experiences on the stage, for an actor I'm an excellent writer. Roleplaying in text environments on the Internet allows me to meld together improvisational acting and writing into one medium, without worrying about whether I look like the part in real life.

I roleplay on the Internet because it gives me a chance to try out story ideas, to work through concepts and to look at the world from a variety of perspectives.

And I do it because it's fun.

What are your reasons?
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote