Thread: Java Mud Client
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004, 08:38 PM   #11
Kyndig

Kyndig is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Kyndig Send a message via AIM to Kyndig Send a message via Yahoo to Kyndig
As a quick afterthought:

I placed that there to prevent the client from being packaged onto a cd as part of some software suite. If a user is planning on doing so, they will contact me because they probably have legal concerns on the client being free for use and will want further details. They can get their lawyers to draft up whatever contract wording they require to assuage their concerns, and I will be more than happy to sign off on it. For the average end user, they can use their own interpretation/disgression. I will not be making some lengthy license to protect my interests, when I have no intersts to protect in regards to its usage. I am releasing it to the public.

This client is free to use. Use it, abuse it, run 20 instances of it from the same website =) It is released to the public ..for public use. It is designed to promote online text games specifically. To that end, the client is serving its purpose.
Kyndig is offline   Reply With Quote