View Single Post
Old 05-23-2003, 02:45 AM   #2
kris

kris is on a distinguished road
Talking

I should clarify to anyone who may be wondering that I did contact every author whose snippet license required me to do so prior to hosting their snippets, all of whom granted permission, some of whom even offered additional code that had not yet been released elsewhere.  In light of some recent controversy, I went ahead and emailed all the other authors as well, as a courtesy.  I was planning to do so when I did the final layout of the site, but in light of some recent ravings by some guy whom I'll leave anonymous (let's just say he has personal motives and leave it at that), I figured it'd be a good idea to get it over with now.  

The disclaimer basically states that I either had permission from the author, or from the license, or both.  If it's not a -registered- copyright, and the license doesn't specify any prohibitions and/or conditions concerning distribution, then legally one is not required to obtain permission from the author (since the non-copyrighted license, in not prohibiting it, in effect grants it); it is a matter of common courtesy and respect to do so anyways, and I do apologize to anyone concerned about any delay there was in doing so.  I have a very busy schedule, with a full-time job and all, and with such a large number of snippets to go through, it took awhile to organize all the email addresses. I wasn't able to contact everyone, as many didn't have any contact info listed, and some didn't even have an author's name.  If you see your code there and you weren't contacted by me, please feel free to pm me with your email address and I'll get back to ya.  :)

If you would like your code to be included at this site, there will be a form made available at the site for that very purpose once I finish the site's final layout design.