Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 05-24-2011, 01:25 PM   #1
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Suggested MUD to play!

Well I stumbled upon this MUD yesterday Elephant MUD and I really can not understand why it is not more popular! Since I'm so new I don't know much but from what I have seen this is an excellent LP MUD. There's a nice newbie area to hunt to your hearts content, the MUD is listed as "Gigantic" so you gotta know there's places to explore! And there's listed as "exploration rewards" here on TMS although I don't know what that is yet! Everyone has tried to help me at least once I think! I am loving the guild system so far although I am just still learning it. Its different from any MUD I've tried before but I think once I understand it I'll be having a blast. There are quests available which you're able to access a list of. Well anyway I know i'm new to it also but I think this MUD deserves some looks!

elephant.org port 23
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2011, 01:02 AM   #2
Saire

Saire is on a distinguished road
Re: Suggested MUD to play!

Another one, even more awesome:

Okay so I can't help myself lately I want to try out MUDs that are just not getting much attention. And I am so glad that I have, I am finding some great MUDs! Well I think this one I will be playing on a daily basis though. It is so awesome! I love it!

It is over 10 years old, most of the players have been there a very long time. It is sci-fi theme where you are in a mining colony on a different planet and you work for "the company". There are various "quadrants" of the planet where you can mine, hunt and more.

It is really hard to describe but it is a lot of fun! You sign up for a mining shift and you can mine on your shift for ore then "clock out" when ever you want. You can also mine off of your shift for a short period of time. It is not required to always mine on your shift. But it is one of the main ways to get "credits" the currency of Core.

The game has so many great features. There is an amazing quest journal that updates you as you go. The quests though so far are not just meaningless like in some games, they actually pertain to what you will need to do in the colony to survive etc.

After level 3 you get your very own house, completely free! Enter your own description, add music to the room, there's a shower and a work bench to store things in. Also later on you can get your own "PMD" which is basically your own area that you can put a shop in, a pub and even your own mining area! Get profits from sales etc. You can even buy your own "rover" which is a ship to get around the planet with.

You need to check this out. I am going to be there for a long time now. Core is amazing.

port 4000
Saire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 11:29 AM   #3
SnowTroll

SnowTroll will become famous soon enough
Re: Suggested MUD to play!

I can second Core being a fun place to try out. It's an old mud, and the playerbase is fairly small (maybe 5-10 players on the average). It's roleplay-encouraged rather than required, but most of the players will at least make an effort to rp if you're in the same room or starting a conversation on an ic channel, and players have the power to award each other rp points for doing so. They're nothing fancy, but they give you the power to enhance your description, restring equipment, and other little rp-based things. Mostly, they're more like a source of pride.

Even though it's a sci-fi mud, which might not be everybody's thing, it works the same way as any other mud except your weapons are guns instead of swords and there's no such thing as magic. Really, where Core shines is its environment and atmosphere, not the code or areas. Combat is overly simple: just type kill targetname, and your stats and skills determine everything that happens from there until you win, die, or run away. Between combat, you play the role of a miner who's assigned certain shifts each day to drill for ore in huge mines and cash it in for a paycheck. Once you're rich, you can buy your own mine away from the main city, buy your own shop there, and link up with other player mines with different types of shops to form a mini city (for example, your armor shop or gun shop or retail store or pub is going to need energy and raw materials from another player's factory or refinery). If you want to gather up the necessary equipment to survive outside of the safety of the city (which is enclosed in a dome), you can travel around outside, search for rare ore (and some of those hard to reach areas), get attacked by monsters, and so on.

Overall, the mud itself is really, really simple. There aren't a lot of bells and whistles and unusual coded features. There aren't even any interesting skills or items. It's all about atmosphere. If you like the concept of living in an isolated futuristic mining colony, interacting with the other miners, and trying to make your fortune and maybe seek some adventure in your spare time, it's worth a look.
SnowTroll is offline   Reply With Quote