Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Old 07-13-2015, 02:28 PM   #1
IZDemon

Home MUD: Shattered Isles
IZDemon is on a distinguished road
Mud builder?

Are there any websites that have the basics of a world already built that I can edit and make my own? I am looking for something where the coding is already done and I can go in and add my own room configuration and descriptions and races and classes etc. At one time I had found such a thing but the link I have is now dead. I think it was called mudbuilder or something like that.
IZDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 12:21 AM   #2
Ide

Ide will become famous soon enoughIde will become famous soon enough
Re: Mud builder?

Do you mean where all the work is done on the website and you don't have to host anything yourself?
Ide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 11:38 AM   #3
IZDemon

I'm looking for something that has all the code in place where I can go in and build my own world. I once had a link to a website that did exactly this. I tinkered a little bit with it, creating some rooms and playing around with the stock NPC's but I didn't really have anything fleshed out yet for what I wanted to create. When I finally got most of my plans and ideas down on paper I went back to the web link but it no longer worked, I assume the website is no longer in business.

I'm sitting on a whole lot of information and I am looking for a creative outlet to make it into something rather than dozens of pages of word documents. I have history, races, classes, NPC's, room descriptions, items, notable people and locations, etc. I think I have just about everything I need to start creating a world.
Old 07-15-2015, 12:00 PM   #4
plamzi

Home MUD: bedlam.mudportal.com:9000
Home MUD: www.mudportal.com
plamzi is on a distinguished road

Assuming you don't want to go through this again and again, why not simply learn how to run your own server? It is really not that hard, it allows you to pick any codebase you like, and to eventually turn it into the game you want.

I believe I recall the mudbuilder website. I remember it being rather basic, and I'm not sure it even auto-instanced a server for you--it's quite possible that it was running a single multi-tenant server in some kind of more permissive content creation mode, like The Builder Academy does (TBAMud). And you definitely don't want *that* if your goal is to have your own game.
plamzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:12 PM   #5
IZDemon

That might be the information I'm looking for. I'll look more into that when I get home from work. I'll assume when you say "it's not that hard" you mean anyone can do it.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:18 AM   #6
Venomz

Name: Donovan
Home MUD: Armageddon
Venomz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Venomz Send a message via AIM to Venomz Send a message via MSN to Venomz Send a message via Yahoo to Venomz

This?

Venomz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 08:49 AM   #7
IZDemon

I've seen that website and that's not the one I was referring to but i'll take another look at it and see what it does.
Old 07-21-2015, 05:32 AM   #8
Belgarath

Well I may be a bit late here, but I came across this as well a while back. The demo looked pretty interesting, and I think it may still be in "beta" mode, but it may be worth a shot :P

Happy mudding, and I look forward to seeing if you complete your project, good sir!
Old 08-18-2015, 12:57 PM   #9
astriagame

astriagame is on a distinguished road

I abandoned my game astria which is very dependant on a graphical, windows editor, where absolutely no coding is require to create spells, entities, rooms, maps, items. You can place anything made into rooms or items (like an ability can be linked to an item easily)

And one thing that i thought of doing, but didnt, before i gave up completely, was to make the editor greater to the point where i could release it, the client, and server,

as a bundle package for developers and players.

So the editor could configure stuff like the server, class names and what abilities are linked to classes, etc

If you have any interest send me a msg id like ideas, and im debating what to do with the code

as of now its basically down to

1. nothing
2. releasing the source-code at its state
3. releasing editor/client/and editor for players to make their own servers and worlds
4. finding a theme for the game (with a fanbase that would enjoy a mud for it)
with help of writers, and continuing. (my last post)

oh a screenshot of the current editor server and client
@@@http://s18.postimg.org/luezrrp3d/as1.png

Last edited by astriagame : 08-18-2015 at 01:04 PM.
astriagame is offline   Reply With Quote