Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > MUD Reviews
Click here to Register

Old 03-10-2015, 02:04 PM   #1
AetharDayde

AetharDayde is on a distinguished road
The Lands of Aethar

Greetings,

I'm writing this post to hopefully attract some new players to this mud. I stumbled on a forum post one evening and just decided to try it out. I'm very picky when it comes to choosing a mud to play, and for about 9 years I stuck to the same old one. I logged on and was greeted by a friendly immortal staff, who were more then willing to assist with any questions that I had asked, or 'where to go next'. I was quickly emerged into the worlds, and continue to log on daily, you just never know what is going to happen in the lands from day to day. Features are added at a really decent rate, and the immortal staff loves to hear ideas on what could make game-play better. Hopefully after reading this post and my pro/con list I will attract a few new 'Avatars' to the realm.

Pros:
Kingdoms offered- Right now their are two kingdoms, Rjurik (a viking themed kingdom) and Midhir (an empired themed kingdom.) Right now, Rjurik is the most active, but with more players hopefully the ranks of Midhir will be filled. Who knows, their could be the need for a new ruler.

Interactive Encounters: More than just your tank and spank mobs, these encounters are intended to throw curve balls to even the most veteran mudders. The rewards are well worth the effort put into the completion of these.

Leveling: Aethar isn't all about the grind to get to endgame, this is just a quick run through on classes, gaining abilities, vitals, stats, etc. Once you reach Lv50 of your third class, the worlds really open up for players. Much exploring to be done, and much treasures to be found.

Class System: Each new player chooses a base class that they will base equipment and other variables off of, but once you reach Lv50, you are allowed to remort to a new class. Skills/spell are transferred over to the next class, so you can decide which classes are right for you, don't feel that you are restricted to the 'most obvious path'.

Daily Quests: Daily tasks that you can do to get some pretty nice rewards, all rewards gained from these can and will help your character in the long run. Their are also some more 'epic' quests that take roughly a week to finish, but again the reward is well worth the effort.

Cons:
Player base: We are a rather small community ranging from 8-14 on a good day, but am hoping this post snags a few mudders to log on and give it a try. The players that we do currently have are more then willing to help any new players, and point them in the right direction.

Player Killing: Not necessarily saying this is a con, but hopefully with more activity their will be more activity in this department. Arena is also available, but again will be much better with more activity.

Hopefully we see some new faces, and if you decide to log on feel free to ask for me in game for any help you may need! connect: aethar.divineright.org port 6565

-Dayde, Konge of Rjurik

Last edited by AetharDayde : 03-10-2015 at 02:07 PM. Reason: forgot address
AetharDayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 AM   #2
AetharDayde

AetharDayde is on a distinguished road
Re: The Lands of Aethar

Good info available here;
AetharDayde is offline   Reply With Quote