Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 02-14-2014, 01:01 AM   #1
rendekar

rendekar is on a distinguished road
Looking for a unique fantasy themed mush or mux

Hi, It's been a while since I've played a mud/mush or mux. Real life matters kept me away from playing these games. Now, please help me find a mush/mux/moo with a unique medieval fantasy theme. I want to play on my phone.

like Crossroads mush. If it wasn't closed I would be playing that.
rendekar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Re: Looking for a unique fantasy themed mush or mux

If you want a robust world with over 100 players come on by New Worlds Ateraan. The world is unique, but it really depends on what you want for your definition of Unique. This game is based on the background and history of a story you can read online.

Also to note is that the game has it's own Iphone Client and a recommended client for Iphones. There is also a client for Droids if that is what you use, so it is setup to play from your phone or online as we also have a specific Java client for online.

Here are some features you may like:You can enjoy this and a lot more at Ateraan. Only one caveat. You have to roleplay and stay in character. Makes the environment that much more enjoyable for those that love roleplay.
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #3
Burrytar

Burrytar is on a distinguished road

Of mushes and muxes that I've played, the one most like Crossroads is probably Firan Mux. Paragraph-length poses. Medieval + classical themes, etc. There are a few major differences. Firan has a roster system, so you wouldn't make your own character but rather pick one that was predesigned for the story. Firan is objectively far more active than Crossroads ever was. It's treatment of magic is more subtle and more divine than individualistic in nature. And it's theme is less egalitarian and sometimes quite gritty for the purposes of allowing opportunities for conflict.

If you don't mind a different theme altogether, you might try The Reach Mux, another very active paragraph-rp game. It is modern-world World of Darkness and very flexible as far as character creation goes. The main drawback is that you'll want to invest in at least one WoD rulebook. It also has more of a focus on mechanics than either Crossroads or Firan.

If you enjoyed the show Firefly, you might also give Serenity Mush a go. Or for that matter, Otherspace. Being scifi, the themes of themes of these games are the least like Crossroads, however, but the playerbase and styles aren't so different, I'd say.
Burrytar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2014, 12:57 AM   #4
rendekar

Thanks for the responses.

I know about Firan. It's a great mux with houses and their conflicts, pregenerated characters etc. However I don't want to play in a greco-roman, low fantasy setting right now. I've been searching the internet for medieval fantasy mushes and came across an interesting mush; tenebrae. Now reading the in-game history.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #5
Burrytar

Burrytar is on a distinguished road

Ooh, I hadn't heard of that one yet. Thanks for reporting your findings!
Burrytar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 08:48 AM   #6
rendekar

The game seems to have some arcanepunk elements like skyships and war golems though. I've never played in this setting before. I think I will create a magic/technology hating barbarian