Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Roleplaying and Storytelling
Click here to Register

Old 07-02-2019, 03:22 PM   #1
Newworlds
Legend

Name: NewWorlds
Home MUD: New Worlds
Newworlds will become famous soon enoughNewworlds will become famous soon enough
Trial and Firing Squad - Death on Ateraan

Two Clerics of the Dahkoar Faith, the Dark God of Ateraan, were brought to trial by the Council of Masters who are the Leader characters in the Kingdom. Forty players attended the trial and the two were defended by the Southland Warden named Hrung. Despite Hrung's excellent defense the two were found guilty for Murder, Endangerment of Immigrants, Law Violation, and Disruption of Commerce in the Kingdom.

While the guilty verdict was obviously politically motivated, one of the defendants was the Palace Emissary of Darmahk, City State in the Southland. This Emissary was spared summary execution but the other Priest was not. Over 50 players attended the execution in the Courtyard of the Gahlen Castle and it transpired below starting with the world announcement of the results of the Trial.

----------------------- THE STORY -------------------------

WORLD Announcement: Salafian and Zandr were found guilty by a Jury for crimes against the Kingdom. The Jury and Justice decided the following punishment: First. In so much as Salafian and Zandr have affected the state of safety within the Kingdom both will be banished for a firm term of 30 days until the last day of July from the Kingdom as a whole unless the Justice Office or Royalty allow it for purpose. Continuance of this banishment will be assessed on August 1st.

Second both have decreed execution for actions against the Kingdom, however, in as much as Salafian has admitted some guilt to his actions and is still a member of the Palace as an Emissary and he has suffered execution for a previous crime he will be spared execution. However, the Council of Masters of the Kingdom will write the Palace and ask for his removal.

And Third, The Dahkoar Faith in allowing such actions to take place will be fined one thousand crowns for the time of the court, justice office, and damages done. This can be paid in the next week by the leadership of the Dahkoar Faith. We leave it to the faith to decide how to handle this.

Chuen says, "This means I have to get a new archer's squad badge."

Gahlen guards lead Zandr into the court holding cell.

Gahlen Justice Courtyard

The courtyard resides outside of the castle surrounded by an iron shod fence. Green grass and floral arranged bushes provide an odd contrast to the large wood platform in the center of the yard. Just before the platform thick metal poles with iron chains called "anchors", hold convicted criminals who are awaiting judgement. A crate holding small casks of liquid is stationed next to the anchor.

The platform is about two feet off the ground and on the east side is a large wood post that holds the prisoner standing in place for execution by an archer squad. To the right and left of the post are witness boxes and behind the archer squad on a risen step is the executioner's stand.

A gate leads out into the park to the west and directly south is a thick iron framed door forming the entrance to the court holding room where a prisoner waits to be brought to the courtyard. The door has instructions on moving a
prisoner.

Obvious exits: west and south.

The Seneschal says authoritatively, "Zandr, I expect you to be noble in this event. Do you have a priest to come speak for you?"

Salafian asks to Seneschal, "Before I leave, may I stay to administer his last
rites as no other Priest is present?"
Oros says to Tharia, "I assume as much, but you know what they say about
assuming."

Salafian moves over to Zandr and places a raven cord over his shoulder saying, "Take heart brother for the Ravens flight carries you." He takes his ritual knife and cuts it deep into his palm marking Zandr's head stating, "May our Lord grant you restoration or peace in the eternal darkness." He smiles and places a hand on Zandr's shoulder as he smears the blood, "The ancient clerics await you. Do not enter the Lords realm with fear. There you shall wait for us and when they do,you will basque in their tales of triumph. Soon you will be drinking ale from curved horns."

Rae says, "He is my man. I will take his things home."

Zandr says to Dhubrin, "Your time will come."
Dhubrin says to Zandr, "Yours is now."
Vaylin says to Zandr, "Dont threaten my commander nor my citizens or ill be the one executing you."
Chuen says, "I seem to recall the Seneschal asking for nobility. I suppose that is too great a boon to ask."
Skef arrives from the west.
Sinua makes her way through the crowd until she's up in the front.
Aseyra looks at Zandr.
Kisea looks at Zandr.

The Seneschal says authoritatively, "Stand back please."

Merek stands back, watching.

Gahlen guards drag Zandr from the anchor to the platform and move up the stairs to tie Zandr upright against a large wooden post in front of the archer squad.

The archer captain commands, "Ready!" and a half dozen archers nock arrows to bows while watching Zandr at the Post.

Heralds with long horns begin playing a mournful melody as the archer captain commands, "Aim!" Bows are raised to target Zandr. The sound of the bows tightening in unison is an eerie counter measure to the cadence with the music.

The heralds cease playing and the archer captain shouts, "FIRE!" With a snap of the bow strings six arrows sail through the air in majestic form and plunge into the chest of Zandr impaling him against the large pole in a burst of blood causing Zandr to gasp in pain and fall limp against the ropes in agonizing death!

[************--Rumour Monger--************]
Zandr is executed by a barrage of arrows in the Gahlen Courtyard!
[*****************************************]

Siergoth Cheers.
Vaylin follows Dhubrin.
Uel hides behind Shilia.
Dhubrin, Salafian, Kildrux, Vaylin, a squire Milke and Merek leave west.
Alyel says, "Interestin' first visit t'Gahlen."
Oros looks pointedly at the corpse.

----------------------- THE END -------------------------

Ateraan is a fantasy based roleplay enforced Text Only Roleplaying Game (TORG). To be part of this large player base and the events that occur on the game with dozens of others see us at the following locations:

Main Overview:

Or for blind players:
Newworlds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
Salif

Salif is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Trial and Firing Squad - Death on Ateraan

What a shame. It seems the Nordenlands continues to single out innocent Clerics of the Dark Lord.

Apostles of Darkness, don't let them get you down!
Salif is offline   Reply With Quote