Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Promotions and Events > Advertising for Players
Click here to Register

Old 06-18-2002, 08:11 PM   #1
kleftis

kleftis is on a distinguished road
There a are alot of so called "roleplay Muds" , but find there is much roleplaying, cause this how it normaly works:

you find or make up a plot line, and act it out, now it can be forever onging but it's still based on the plot.

Has anyone played a mud that felt like real life, where you constantly interact with other players, just going through the normal activities of every day life?

turth be told I found it but I can't afford the $20/month for it,
so I'm looking for a alternaive

in all the muds  I've played I never realy made any good IC friends, til this one, I ran into someone that help out, then the next thing I know , when I got tired of hunting, I sought this person out and we'd talk for game hours about IG stuff

when I tried the game out , I thought I had my budget figured out, turns out I didn't

If you have no idea what the hell I'm taking about sign up for a 30 day trail for Inferno: no , payment info needed for trail

you have to purposely avoid RP , it's amazing

but so far it's the only one I've found like this
kleftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 08:38 PM   #2
Alaire

Name: Lisa
Home MUD: The Southlands
Alaire is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Alaire Send a message via AIM to Alaire
Arrow

Alaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 08:45 PM   #3
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

I'd recommend OtherSpace - it's SF, but it has quite a few fantasy-esque races. We've got so much happening that it's filled three actual books (so far! - with more to come).

Daily news headlines are regularly popping up, giving the world a sense of liveliness - and with our space system currently getting an overhaul, it's pretty easy to maneuver about the galaxy using the +hitchhike command.

Check out our website at and look through the log archives for the sorts of things you can expect.

Our telnet address is jointhesaga.com 1790.

Regardless of your choice, have fun and enjoy wherever you end up!
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 09:14 PM   #4
kleftis

kleftis is on a distinguished road
ok I'm going to not to be rude,

I have had a bad experiance with armageddon

#1 the connection sucks , character creation lags and rooms descriptions load in a chopy , I was told that there is a delay to prevent people from speedwalking, but what I got was short delayS throught out the loading.

perma death is anonying because you have to come up with another Name background , ect, when first learning this game, you can quickly become hard up for ideas without being repetative.

If they get off DSL I might try it again

OtherSpace left a bad taste in my mouth
the webpage supplies inatiqute info to create a character
one I couldn't not find a page that that discussed the naming convention of the diffrent planets, which I was called on, and the didn't "LIKE" the skill set I choose for my occupation

And I'm not wasting my time with a nerfed character(I know it can be upgraded)
kleftis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 09:39 PM   #5
Alaire

Name: Lisa
Home MUD: The Southlands
Alaire is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Alaire Send a message via AIM to Alaire
Arrow

Alaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2002, 10:02 PM   #6
Brody
Legend

Home MUD: OtherSpace
Brody will become famous soon enoughBrody will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Skype™ to Brody
Smile

Well, first off, sorry to hear about the bad taste.

Second: We just moved to a new website. Sadly, I'm only human, and the bulk of info from the other site has not yet made the transition. Eventually, it will.

Third: The only reason anyone recommended the "nerfed" character was your indication on the application that you were just basically MUD hopping - and the fact that your app was effectively a bit character bio. Bit characters are perfect for people who don't want to waste effort on a full-fledged bio and want to get to know the lay of the land before trying.

Fourth: Although the web page is in transition, our newbie helping staff is still quite large, and should have been perfectly willing to answer questions about naming conventions if you raised them. If they didn't, let me know.

In any case, good luck in your search.
Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 05:01 AM   #7
Dionae

Dionae is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Dionae
Well, first of all, I know that Feudal Realms may not be quite as roleplay-oriented as some of the others mentioned. But, when I first started on Feudal, the type of roleplay you mentioned is pretty much what drew me in. I found a couple of players to interact with ic, and we would just go about doing everyday things and talking about whatever was on our minds.

There are major plots, however, which affect the happenings of the entire world, but players are free to roleplay their own mini-plots, or just everyday activities, like you said. Some people just choose to spend the majority of their time gaining levels, but if you stand around the city square, I'm sure you'll find plenty of interesting conversations going on, ranging from "How was your day?" to heated discussions among the nobles.

If you're interested, you can visit: or connect to: feudal.betterbox.net port: 4444
Dionae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2002, 05:05 AM   #8
thelenian

thelenian is on a distinguished road
If you're looking for truly immersive RP, you could try

Be forewarned, however... DartMUD is hardcore RP. Not necessarily as in the kind of RP where who can say "Wherefore art thou bare of clothing, knave?" in the best medieval accent, but as in walking around asking "How can I learn to be an assassin/thief/other unpopular and illegal proffesion?" will get your head lopped off. Where insulting the neighborhood firemage will get you burned and permakilled - yes, permakilled. To play DartMUD you must be mature, willing to read the helpfiles, and willing to learn... It's tough, but the reward is immersive RP like nothing you've seen before.

If anyone's interested, a good place to start is .
thelenian is offline   Reply With Quote

Types of roleplay - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MGame Types you Like Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 6 02-09-2005 08:25 PM
Differences Between Text Game Types Slanted Tavern of the Blue Hand 6 11-06-2002 03:27 PM
Crafting, Creativity, and mudding types (SEAK) Burr Roleplaying and Storytelling 2 07-26-2002 12:44 PM
Interesting Character Types Pasano Roleplaying and Storytelling 15 07-08-2002 06:27 PM
Why roleplay? Brody Roleplaying and Storytelling 10 04-25-2002 03:50 PM