|Search MUDS||MUD Listings||Visit Homepage||Connect Via Telnet|
|Threshold RPG - MUD Details|
|Move your mouse pointer over field labels for a brief explanation|
|Threshold RPG - MUD Description|
|Threshold is a high fantasy, massively multi-player online role playing game (MMORPG). What sets it apart from ALL other MMORPGs is that role-playing actually occurs! Our players stay In Character at all times, and together they create a living, breathing world that is more real than any virtual environment on the Internet. When you become a member of the Threshold community, you embark on a voyage to a rich, detailed world that speaks to the very depths of your imagination. The rich character interaction that takes place in this unique, immersive gaming world delivers thousands of hours of game play to the citizens of Threshold RPG.
* Threshold has 12 unique deities that reign supreme over various philosophical concepts. Each religion has its own clerics who work to convert the masses. The varied religions are frequently at odds as a result of their diverse philosophies.
* The legal system in Threshold is extremely advanced. It is a "common law" legal system where the law is based on prior rulings and decisions. Players handle all roles in the system.
* The economy is run by players and fluctuates based on the activities of the Threshold community. Players can run shops, start their own businesses, or obtain gainful employment from the government or other companies.
* Quests, Exploration, Combat: There are dungeons to crawl through, wilderness areas to quell, Mage towers, floating castles, ancient shrines, dank caves, jungles, and more. You will find quests to undertake and hordes of ferocious monsters to test your mind and your mettle. There are over 20 melee styles, a huge array of weapons, armor, and magic items, and over 600 spells and abilities. Hundreds of different game controlled foes have their own tactics, abilities, and occasional nasty tricks up their sleeve.
* Character Creation Options & Customization: You have full control over the customization and design of your character. Your physical description is limited only by your creativity. In addition, you have 10 races to choose from including the traditional Human, Elf, Dwarf, and Gnome, as well as the more unique Catfolk, Canis, Dryad, Kestrel, Salamae, and Scorpien. There are also 13 guilds (or classes) that your character can join: Fighter, Mage, Thief, Cleric, Psion, Paladin, Necromancer, Sorceror, Templar, Rogue, Bard, Ranger, and Warrior.
The personality of your character can be anything you dream up.