Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-30-2002, 07:39 PM   #21
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 01 2002,12:23 am)
You were a freaking newbie, boy.
From the old forums:

Ingham
****
Elite Member

Posts: 339
Registered: 09-08-2000


That would be me.

Dulan
****
Elite Member

Posts: 379
Registered: 09-10-2000


That would be you. I registered two months before you did, Einstein.
Seth is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 07:46 PM   #22
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
And just how much posting did you do _over those two years_?

My posts were a cumalative result over years of input. Yours were what, one mass spam over a period of months?

Meinh. I was referring to how much you really input and how new you truly were. Registering and not posting -shrug-. Doesn't matter. Registering and posting == applies in this case.

-watches Ingham go dig out a handful of posts from 2000- Big whoop. Someone who posts consistently. Not once in awhile, then in ONE BIG SPAM, like you are doing _Right now_. Now stop spamming the boards, "Einstein".

-D
Dulan is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 07:55 PM   #23
Mia
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 76
Mia is on a distinguished road
Sweet! Lets argue about how long we've been registered on a forum! Come one people if you are going to argue about something make it something productive...like...um...about the way yall smell funny...or something
Mia is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 08:01 PM   #24
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 01 2002,12:46 am)
And just how much posting did you do _over those two years_?

My posts were a cumalative result over years of input. Yours were what, one mass spam over a period of months?

Meinh. I was referring to how much you really input and how new you truly were. Registering and not posting -shrug-. Doesn't matter. Registering and posting == applies in this case.

-watches Ingham go dig out a handful of posts from 2000- Big whoop. Someone who posts consistently. Not once in awhile, then in ONE BIG SPAM, like you are doing _Right now_. Now stop spamming the boards, "Einstein".

-D
I guess it shows in the post count, doesn't it? I was more silent in the beginning, mainly because I still was heavily addicted to mudding back then and hence why my activity on these forums was less thenn what it was after my mudding days. But then again, after my mudding days I got busy on another forum so I didn't get to post daily on it either.

And besides, I never did hear you about me spamming on the old forums, so I'm going to dismiss your complaints as sudden and random hostility for a rather unknown reason. I quite liked you back then, instead of the arrogant prick you are nowadays.
Seth is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 08:02 PM   #25
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Arrogant prick? Why, praytell? Because I called you and your toadie Xanferius on the spamming?

Twit.

-D
Dulan is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 08:07 PM   #26
Seth
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Ede, The Netherlands
Posts: 271
Seth is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Seth Send a message via MSN to Seth
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ May 01 2002,01:02 am)
Arrogant prick? Why, praytell? Because I called you and your toadie Xanferius on the spamming?

Twit.

-D
Do I really need to point out all you veiled and unsubtle insults or are you just clever enough to read your own posts and see them for yourself?

Peasant.
Seth is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 08:17 PM   #27
Xanferious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 490
Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
2 pm-->
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ April 30 2002,7[img
http://www.topmudsites.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img]2 pm)]Arrogant prick? Why, praytell? Because I called you and your toadie Xanferius on the spamming?

Twit.

-D
1. I don't Spam
2. I find it amusing that you need to use 1 syllable words to mach your small ego and unintelligent self righteous ways.
you need to grow up. but IM sure your just a child
Xanferious is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 08:30 PM   #28
LikitaRenn
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: portland, oregon, usa
Posts: 138
LikitaRenn is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to LikitaRenn Send a message via AIM to LikitaRenn Send a message via MSN to LikitaRenn
Exclamation

this debate is thoroughly entertaining... yet.. somehow kind of sad... i mean.... lol, nevermind, i don't want to get on dulan's bad side, so i'll shut up

-likita
LikitaRenn is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 08:46 PM   #29
Xanferious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 490
Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
dulan is an idiotic uber 1337 lamer, who cares about him
Xanferious is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 09:09 PM   #30
Mason
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 158
Mason is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Xanferious @ April 30 2002,7:17 pm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Dulan @ April 30 2002,7<!--emo&[img
http://www.topmudsites.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img])]Arrogant prick? Why, praytell? Because I called you and your toadie Xanferius on the spamming?

Twit.

-D
1. I don't Spam
Um. Is Forsaken still looking for coders? You have been spamming the advertising for staff forums for months. If people haven't responded by now they are not going to do it. It gets pretty annoying to see you pandering your mud every single day. It may be cute to you, but it is rather annoying and and unfair to those who do not bump their mud to the front every day. I bet if we counted all the ^bumps^ and and random one-word posts on all of your 'forsaken is..." threads, it would be more than most people have entirely.

Besides, if someone is really looking to join a mud they will peruse the entire thread, and not merely respond to the one that is on the front page.

You are one of the worst spammers on here. Period.
Mason is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 09:11 PM   #31
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Quote:
Originally Posted by
dulan is an idiotic uber 1337 lamer, who cares about him
Very well then. Personal attacks it is. And removal of the kid gloves it shall be!

You, my friend, are a wannabe. A wannabe devoid of any feeling, emotion, or interest beyond your own self-centered self-interest and any emotion or feeling that follows said self-interest. You, and Seth both have obviously not learned basic lessons of courtesy in pre-school. Nor have you learned to respect other people - much less their opinion. I have seem accusations of being a "child" from Seth. But, that was not what irritated me. What was was some newbie to the forums logging on, and promptly using wannabe-speak to address me.

"Compensation" is a psychological term. Do either you or Seth knows what it refers to? Very well, I shall explain. You attempt to compensate for something you perceive as a critical lack IRL - height, weight, nonexistant sex life, what have you - and promptly project the hatred of your own self onto another person. Or you compensate in a manner that makes you feel like a "big man". In this case, it can be considered to be expressed in the manner referred to as "spamming". Based on your reaction Xanferious, I'd say that this is a very good understanding of you.

As for you, Seth, all of what I said to Xanferious applied. And more. Your constant lusting after of females for netsex. It is a simple psychological issue, again. You use sex as a way to express repressed pain, anger, what have you. You use that as an outlet for issues that you have no outlet for. I will refrain from commenting further, for fear of offending people I respect on here.

And before you comment, 'Fex - This was not a flame. It was nowhere near a flame. It was merely expressing a minor irritation on the two resident spammers.

-D
Dulan is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 09:36 PM   #32
Xanferious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 490
Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
I do have respect for peoples opions but when you refer to me as a spammer every single thread well it just shows that you lack the common courtesy, perhaps we both lack those skills, but as me feeling like a big man? heh I think not I don't need, to contuinely push spammer here spammer there. but if you want to bring this in the next level seeing how your trying to define me IRL, ill set the facts straight for your unintelligent self. IM 5'4 male blonde hair and blue eyes I weigh around 135 lbs. and IM 23. So sense I have that out on the table I will continue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by
You, my friend, are a wannabe. A wannabe devoid of any feeling, emotion, or interest beyond your own self-centered self-interest and any emotion or feeling that follows said self-interest
How am I devoid of emotions?
How am I self centered?

Your facts are based on your meaningless assumptions that bare any fact to the subject at hand. Your Flame just shows how childish you are, I so admit I act as a child on occasions but trying to bring Cyberlife into Real life shows that you are a kid that cannot take flames, rants and raves, and you need to defend your fragile and shallow life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Compensation" is a psychological term. Do either you or Seth knows what it refers to? Very well, I shall explain. You attempt to compensate for something you perceive as a critical lack IRL - height, weight, nonexistent sex life, what have you - and promptly project the hatred of your own self onto another person. Or you compensate in a manner that makes you feel like a "big man".
Im sure your talking about your own life, to draw conclusions people need to draw on there own personal experiences
Xanferious is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 09:44 PM   #33
Xanferious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 490
Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Um. Is Forsaken still looking for coders? You have been spamming the advertising for staff forums for months. If people haven't responded by now they are not going to do it. It gets pretty annoying to see you pandering your mud every single day. It may be cute to you, but it is rather annoying and and unfair to those who do not bump their mud to the front every day. I bet if we counted all the ^bumps^ and and random one-word posts on all of your 'forsaken is..." threads, it would be more than most people have entirely.

Besides, if someone is really looking to join a mud they will peruse the entire thread, and not merely respond to the one that is on the front page.

You are one of the worst spammers on here. Period.
i dont see any ^bumps^ i did that in the old forums. as for me spamming that thread, No i update what we still need... and yes people do send me emails and apply for postions, some use our forums, and its funny how you say that i "spam" that thread, what rather me be like everyone else and make a new thread for my mud? i rather keep it in 1 thread then 60 like ive seen some peeps do. and if you look at the time and date on those posts in that thread you can see that some are 5-6 days appart. please get some more facts before you assume things.
Xanferious is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 10:04 PM   #34
Dulan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 354
Dulan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Dulan
Xanferious, the longest posting period between two posts was 2 days. The longest. Several were posted within hours of each other in that thread.

Don't lie, bud. Or, if you do, at least get corroborative evidence in your story.

-D
Dulan is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 10:06 PM   #35
Mason
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 158
Mason is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Xanferious @ April 30 2002,8:44 pm)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Um.  Is Forsaken still looking for coders?  You have been spamming the advertising for staff forums for months.  If people haven't responded by now they are not going to do it.  It gets pretty annoying to see you pandering your mud every single day.  It may be cute to you, but it is rather annoying and and unfair to those who do not bump their mud to the front every day.  I bet if we counted all the ^bumps^ and and random one-word posts on all of your 'forsaken is..." threads, it would be more than most people have entirely.

Besides, if someone is really looking to join a mud they will peruse the entire thread, and not merely respond to the one that is on the front page.  

You are one of the worst spammers on here.  Period.
i dont see any ^bumps^ i did that in the old forums. as for me spamming that thread, No i update what we still need... and yes people do send me emails and apply for postions, some use our forums, and its funny how you say that i "spam" that thread, what rather me be like everyone else and make a new thread for my mud? i rather keep it in 1 thread then 60 like ive seen some peeps do. and if you look at the time and date on those posts in that thread you can see that some are 5-6 days appart. please get some more facts before you assume things.
Sigh.  You wish to tangle with me?  That is fine.

First.  I said ALL of your threads, thereby including your old ones.  You have many times on your old ones ^bumped^ the thread to the front of the page.  Moreover, it is quite clear on these new boards that you have bumped your thread numerous times.

Second.  You want to get technical?  If you would like to debate the intricate details of a post and try to flame me for what might be considered a slight exaggeration to make a point, let what is good for the goose be good for the gander:  Who has 60 separate threads advertising for staff?  No one.  However, your thread on the old boards was quite numerous!  If you have numerous positions available then put it in ONE post.  Not 20.  It seems, therefore, you are guilty, if not more so, for the same violations of which you accuse me.


Finally.  You refuse to acknowledge that your actions on this board have troubled many who have taken note of your frequent posts that seem to offer nothing other than a way to increase your number.  Your continued resistance to change your ways in response to those who complain about your spamming displays immaturity and disrespect.  As much as you may believe it contrary, these boards are not your personal playground.  They are intended to be used as a dialogue for the MUD community.  Instead, you feel the need to insert posts with one-word and fragment sentences to gain another star next to your name.  

In these instances, perception is reality.  And all anyone sees about you is a spamming, immature poster who continually engages in mindless flamewars, disrupting what little community is left on these boards.  

This is free advertising granted to you.  As such, it would occur to most people to exercise common courtesy in deference to the other MUDs that also wish to attract new staff.  It appears quite obvious to me that your peanut-sized brain fails to see what is the inevitable conclusion if we continue upon this path.  Players and Imms would just constantly bump their MUD to the front page, accomplishing nothing other than discouraging those who truly care about mudding, more than likely causing them to leave TMS altogether.

I suppose I can't stop you from continuing your ways.  But at the very least, acknowledge that you are by far one of the worst spammers on here.  If you fail to recognize that, you truly are selfish.  For as much as it might pain you, one day you will have to realize that you are not the only person that matters and that other people have a right to their opinion, too.
Mason is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 10:54 PM   #36
Xanferious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 490
Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
Quote:
Originally Posted by
First. I said ALL of your threads, thereby including your old ones. You have many times on your old ones ^bumped^ the thread to the front of the page. Moreover, it is quite clear on these new boards that you have bumped your thread numerous times.
1. you never stated which forums, this is the new forum and i have threads in it aswell
2. yes to reply to the posts within the thread itself and to update any changes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Finally. You refuse to acknowledge that your actions on this board have troubled many who have taken note of your frequent posts that seem to offer nothing other than a way to increase your number. Your continued resistance to change your ways in response to those who complain about your spamming displays immaturity and disrespect. As much as you may believe it contrary, these boards are not your personal playground. They are intended to be used as a dialogue for the MUD community. Instead, you feel the need to insert posts with one-word and fragment sentences to gain another star next to your name.
1.Uhm i dont care about my count nor those stars , i rather have the admins take em out... they look ghey under my name.
2. I never said it was my playground, and i havent treated it as such.
3. I dont tend to type a book, i keep my posts short and simple
4. i dont spam and yes i do flame from time to time
Quote:
Originally Posted by
This is free advertising granted to you. As such, it would occur to most people to exercise common courtesy in deference to the other MUDs that also wish to attract new staff. It appears quite obvious to me that your peanut-sized brain fails to see what is the inevitable conclusion if we continue upon this path. Players and Imms would just constantly bump their MUD to the front page, accomplishing nothing other than discouraging those who truly care about mudding, more than likely causing them to leave TMS altogether
1.Yes im aware of that, but if u also read in my posts i also answer people that write a message to me within that thread
2. now who is childish using peanut-sized brain

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I suppose I can't stop you from continuing your ways. But at the very least, acknowledge that you are by far one of the worst spammers on here. If you fail to recognize that, you truly are selfish. For as much as it might pain you, one day you will have to realize that you are not the only person that matters and that other people have a right to their opinion, too.
1. i dont spam
2. im not selffish
3.yes everyone has a right to make there own opinion , and i like to state mine quite often

Anything else?
Xanferious is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 10:58 PM   #37
Xanferious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 490
Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Xanferious, the longest posting period between two posts was 2 days. The longest. Several were posted within hours of each other in that thread.

Don't lie, bud. Or, if you do, at least get corroborative evidence in your story.

-D
i didnt mean that literally.....
Xanferious is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 11:01 PM   #38
Mason
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Posts: 158
Mason is on a distinguished road
X:

Your juvenile responses indicate to me, as they should to everyone else, that you are only concerned about yourself. As such, your immaturity and obliviousness are beyond my ability to convey to you how childish your actions are. Therefore, I shall refrain from any further comments (unless you manage to do something completely outrageous).
Mason is offline  
Old 04-30-2002, 11:08 PM   #39
Xanferious
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: The Void
Posts: 490
Xanferious is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Xanferious
Right.....
Xanferious is offline  
Old 05-01-2002, 07:05 AM   #40
Shao_Long
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: belfast, UK
Posts: 505
Shao_Long is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Shao_Long Send a message via MSN to Shao_Long
Thumbs down

HEY !!!!!!! STOP THAT !!! ITS MY POST AFTER ALL !!!!
YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT ME !!!!!!!!!!!

*draws his brand new XWZ-3000 flamer and sends the post to the burning hells !!!!*

You peeps,are you serious about all you wrote ???
I PITY YOU !!!! REALLY !!!!!!!
That your 'seriousness' IS STUPID !!!!!!!!!!
Dont you understand that YOU not Xanf are CHILDISH ??!!
He,at least ,finds some fun and entertainment in that,and for you,this is problem ??!
Let the people play guyz ! Life is game,so why dont play it funny way,boys and girls ??

Oh godzzz...*sprays flaming death once again*

and,as for me,LONG REPLIES,at least 90% of them are much more BORING and STUPID and MEANINGLESS then your so-hated spamm with one word replies !!!

So stop that MADNESS NOW AND GO HAVE FUN !!!!!!!!
Shao_Long is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools


To spam or not to Spam ? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spam Baram Tavern of the Blue Hand 2 08-20-2006 11:04 AM
[SPAM] Chatterbox One Orion Elder Tavern of the Blue Hand 14 05-10-2002 09:49 PM
a spam fourm Xanferious Bugs and Suggestions 0 05-10-2002 08:51 PM
Praise the Spam !! Shao_Long Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 04-29-2002 02:20 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014