Alter Aeon January 2022 Update
Happy New Year! Our Winter Solstice event concluded about a week ago, and our next game event will commemorate the 27th anniversary of when Alter Aeon went live to the public. This event will begin on Friday, January 21st and end on Monday the 24th. Content will be available for players of all skill levels. Among the scheduled activities will be the opening of the original version of the game as it debuted in 1995, and the Museum of Player Nostalgia which provides a rich, detailed history of the Alter Aeon.
- You can now have an active quest! Your active quest displays with 'quest active'. You can change your active quest using 'quest active <number>'. In cities, the 'where quest' command will give you directions to the character with the next stage of your active quest, if any.
- Cleric healing spells now scale a bit more noticeably with level than before.
- Guards should now prevent players from sacrificing, burning or animating objects under their supervision.
- The ‘soothe wounds’ spell no longer restores movement, but it can help prevent the subject from getting dazed or stunned. This does not help if the subject is already dazed or stunned.
- A bunch of cast-on-self strings were fixed up for sundry cleric curses.
- System restores from gods and players now stop any active bleeding effects.
- A direct hit with a ‘defoliate’ tonic will lessen the duration or outright strip a character of ‘thorn armor’, ‘barkskin’ and ‘sundrinker’, in that order. The long-term room effect only hits thorn armor.
- A new obscure druid spell, 'fruitage', was added that makes fruits and berries restore more hitpoints when eaten.
- Ranged weapon attacks are now do more damage to creatures with natural flight, such as birds, bats, giant wasps, many angels and winged dragons.
- If you have charmed a mob, it will not be annoyed by socials you do it, and animals, charmed or not, will accept more intimate interactions from druids well-versed in ‘animal magnetism’.
- You can no longer survey or case when performing an action, such as crafting, healing touch or lockpicking.
- Work has been done on Khal-Uktar and the nearby areas, updating objects and adding a few new quests and objects. Mithril is now more abundant in the underhalls of Khal-Moria.
- Several minor skill debuffs have been consolidated into the “unbalanced” condition. Unbalanced opponents have slightly less effective hitroll and armor, and they are easier to knock down. The higher your dexterity, the less likely you are to get unbalanced and quicker you will recover from being unbalanced.
- Work continues to improve the dclient, the official client of Alter Aeon. A new version of the dclient, featuring 'Enable Music' in the Preferences menu and an enhanced map with icons, should be available in the next couple of weeks.
Alter Aeon has an active community of players and continues to evolve. For more information, please refer to our latest Youtube update here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrLLgrpdmM8