Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > MUD Players and General Discussion > Tavern of the Blue Hand
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2003, 01:51 AM   #61
CSmith_Fan
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Michigan
Posts: 90
CSmith_Fan is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to CSmith_Fan
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Silrathi @ Sep. 17 2003,02:56)
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Please, sentencing like the aboved mentioned example and others like public stoning of women who might want an education or whatewver else irritated some male (like maybe cooking his dinner 1 minute too long..they dont need a reason) are human rights violations..like what was done in Iraq. hence why some countries want to bring Freedom to that part of the world.
So ummm... you are advocating the use of armed force to orchestrate an ethnocentric cultural imperialism in the Middle East and - simultaneously - seek to decry the expense of your much vaunted 'human rights' by sneering at the fact that in the US we educate our felons in hope of reforming them.  That we give aid and support to our poor in the hope that they can provide benefit to their society.  Did I get that right?
Silrathi,
 You poor misguided twit. I could post a huge reply but you'd still fail to be able to comprehend even the most simple comments w/out a picture or two.

First..if you're going to repsond to my posts, read the #### things ok? taking 1-3 sentences and jammering like an idiot only spams this board. OK sweatpea? At least Malaclypse, though I might not agreee with him, reads the posts, thinks a bit and replies with something to make me ponder and reply. You? You're like B-rad in "Malibu's Most Wanted"..a moron.

Anyhoo..as for your post....Human rights? Yea..I guess you must advocate no due process, kidnappings that lead to executions with no trial, beheadings, stonings, etc. ? I think you should read my reply to Malaclypse about the same topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
(by CSmith_Fan)Of course, someone like you wouldnt undersatand freedom.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
This sort of petty, inappropriate, attack is the hallmark of a defeated debater.  Please either concede now, or refrain from such derogatory commentary in the future.
Erm..do I have to go into what freedom is again..because I cant draw and I have a feeling some people need  pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
(by CSmith_Fan)The Best Surplus was due to programs initiated by Regan and Bush..check your facts. Also..what countries do we owe? Please..list them and have links to credible facts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
What facts?  It's your assertion, back it up.
Hrm..let see...programs begun by Bush Sr. in latter part of his admin. which sent interest rates at favorable levels, then Clniton comes in and 'sets the auto-pilot' and ride the Tech bubble we had, claiming it was because of him as well as the later Surplus..like Al Gore saying he invented the internet (which Apple and M& are still laughing about)

Quote:
Originally Posted by
(by CSmith_Fan)Then they deserve it. Illegal means that..illegal. I say deport them and get AMERICANs to do the work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
So by this you mean to say that we should go to the expense of capturing known felons just to let them run free to offend again?  Which side of the law are you arguing?
Why..we did with Ted Kennedy. More importantly..I'm siding with the side of the law that says..comming into this country is illegal. AND since we (America) can not legally shoot thses people, we have to arrest and deport them. See prior posting about this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
(by Csmith_Fan)Oh wait..I forgot..most of the unemployed have become whiners like yourself that would rather sit around and get hard earned tax dollars in the form of welfare checks than to actually get a job. Typical social parasites.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
In California unemployment benefits are paid for by witholding a portion of the workers wage and placing it into escrow against the chance that they will claim it.  After a time (one year, maybe two?) the money reverts to the government.  In this case I'd have to say it's the Unemployment office that is leeching off the Californian worker for their own existence.
Gee..I guess the money there just magically appears from nowhere to be handed out in the form of welfare checks, unemployment checks and food stamps right? Wrong. Get your civics lessons correct. The state doles out money to the unemployed who have it comming to them. When their 'time' for collection is up, they just apply for welfare (from taxes) and food stamps (from more taxes) and pop kids out for tax exemptions at what now? $700 a child?

Quote:
Originally Posted by
(by CSmith_Fan)Bush is called a war monger (though Democrat presidents have led us into war more then Repub presidents).
Quote:
Originally Posted by
This argument has no validity.  It is indisputable that Bush is a warmonger.  I'm sure I don't have to recount the entire list of wars the man has initiated to prove this point.  Your argument that democrats are more likely to go to war than republicans is not relevant.
Actually, it does and your comment only reinforces my reply and contradicts your own. Long list of Bush initiated wars? Hrmm..try TWO..if they can be called 'wars'...Iraq and Afghanistan. As for Dems and wars vs Repubs and wars, check your history. Democrats have dragged us into wars more, screwed up military operations more and cut the military more than republicans. The reason why defense spenging is so high with Bush is because Clinton downsized and cut back a ton in the DoD. That would be akin to having a small bucket of quick-crete and having to make 20 large, 3 car driveways from it and with professional quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
(by CSmith_Fan)As for trying to establish an intrim government..it would be faster if NATO and the UN helped..but it seems far more important things are going on in the EU..like making mandates that only white wine from champaign can be called that, etc..How big do you think Iraq is? Did you know Baghdad is at least 2x the size of Chicago? Now try and take say, 5000 people and :restablish electricity, ruinning water, sewage, the concept of democracy, a police force (including training) and then try to get a working government up quick enough to appease the anti-american masses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Okay, now here we have something to work with.  
I don't believe that any interim government is possible in Iraq as long as the US refuses to surrender control.  Currently we insist on dominating every decision made, and our efforts to stabilize the government have been toward the exact same flavor of 'stability' we've created in every other country we invaded... puppet governments.  Maybe the EU is right to be more concerned with protecting their interests than with electing some marionettes in Iraq.

As for the difficulties of reestablishing services within the country, why did you pick 5000?  Why not 5,000,000?  Are the Iraqi's too busy, lazy, stupid, barbaric to repair their own sewers or power lines?  For the sake of brevity I won't beat that horse any further.  I would like to know where you derived that number however.
First...my 5,00 number? Called..ready? "an example". You do know what one is correct? As for the EU and their 'more important matters'..theyare more hypoctitical than what America appears to be by radicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
(by CSmith_Fan)I guess Syria and Egypt dont exist then eh? Or Saudia Arabia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Actually, what they were supposed to create was a new state for the displaced Palestinians.  Palestinians, evidently, haven't donated enough money to the election coffers of American politician however.  (Okay, cheap shot, I admit it)
See my last bit to Malaclypse because I hate repeating myself.
CSmith_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 03:16 AM   #62
malaclypse
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Santa Cruz, Ca
Posts: 68
malaclypse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by
Since you decided you say I was misleading the people with shock-jock tactics, I decided to point out my example of some of the harsh treatment people in the Middle East get now and then by their own people since they have no freedom.
I'm not denying that the overall human rights record in the Middle East is atrocious. I'm saying that their human rights record does not justify the US governments aggressive policies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
As for going into Iraq..again..it was business unfinished. Had Clinton continued the momentum, there wouldnt have been a recent war in Iraq. There wouldnt be mass graves filled with innocents made by Iraqi's Republican Guard's  or dead Kurds because of nerve agents dropped on them. Of course, you'll probably say this is all moot.
I'll say -again- that Saddam Husseins worst offenses occured while we were allies with him, under the Bush Sr. Administration. The gassing of the kurds occured mostly in the late 80's. We were supplying them weapons at that point in time. We turned a blind eye to the atrocity. We didn't attack Iraq the first time until he went against our wishes in 1991 when invading Kuwait... which I believe also happens to be a major base for the US military in the middle east. But thats just coincidence, right? It was for "Human rights".

Quote:
Originally Posted by
This is not an empire in the classic sense of the word, it is a New World Order, to quote Bush Sr, where America supplies all the goods, and the rest of the world buys them. If they don't buy them, we kill them until they agree to buy them, or we set up a brutal dictator who will do anything we ask in return for some good ole american weapons.
Quote:
Originally Posted by
If you want to be an Anarchist, then at least get your facts straight..the US is joining the WTO which is "a coalition of facist nations bent on world domination and bringing the freeman down" or something along that description. Depends on who you ask...but still..it's the WTO.
I never mentioned anarchy, and I'm not an anarchist in any sense of the word.

Regarding the WTO: Thats exactly what I'm saying! Its an economic empire. International treaties pushed by the WTO require foreign governments to open their water, utility, and agriculture industries to US based multinational corporations, and they're lured by needed financial relief from the World Bank.


Quote:
Originally Posted by
I'm not a racist. I'm a realist. I personally dont give a frag if someone is from korea, canada, or mexico or Exampleton. IF you enter this country illegally it is against the law. Period.
Ok, maybe you're not racist. Maybe you just don't understand that a law is stupid when it requires that vital and helpful members of our society be deported. I live in california, so I've seen personally what type of situation illegal immigrants are in. They use virtually no social services, because they have no documentation, and they contribute long hours doing labor that noone wants to do for a fraction of what is the legal minimum wage. Because of this, California's agriculture business has become dependent on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
I Well, as soon as everyone over there adheres to the Khartoum Resolutions, and Arafat eliminates the PLO (which he heads in case you forgot and also, in case you forgot, the PLO bombs pretty much anyone who isnt with them). Isreal is only defending itself.
The situation there is that Israel is occupying Palestine. Now you could say that Palestine is attacking Israel and Israel is just responding just as easily as you could say the opposite: Palestine is merely reacting to Israeli aggression. But clearly the point is that before the violence will stop, Israel will have to pull their army out of Palestine, and stop occupying and settling on large portions of their land (regardless of the morality of originally displacing them to form Israel).

As far as Arafat supporting the suicide bombers, it could be debated on end because noone really knows for sure. My take on it is that he doesn't make concerted efforts to stop it only because he lacks the resources. It seems like it would be in his best interest to be able to stop the suicide bombers, because then he might be able to establish a true government, and subsequently a real army under his command, rather than islamic extremists.

- Ryan
malaclypse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 07:29 PM   #63
FortFakeName
New Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: my mothers womb..
Posts: 5
FortFakeName is on a distinguished road
Jesus christ CSmith, get a f**king hobby and stop bitching all day. I'm not going to pretend I have anything interesting or constructive to say because I don't but I can read and although your arguements were acceptable at the start you're just becoming a moany, repetitive, stubborn, arrogant #######.
Stop putting people down because they are not as intelligent as you and can't comprehend you're superior manner of thinking. You have all these interesting facts but offer no solution to anything and not ONCE have you taken someone else's view on these boards into consideration.
I can flame all i like because the title of this post is flames, so I will. Stop being a condescending f**k ass, go wank yourself off, wipe your knob on your grey curtains and put your eratic energy to use on a book about all this crap you know. MOAN MOAN MOAN!!!!!WEHHHHH
FortFakeName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 04:20 AM   #64
Shyntlara
New Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 12
Shyntlara is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Shyntlara
Yowch! Seems as though we have an arguement that would make Jerry Springer cringe! I haven't really followed this topic through and through, but just by the name of the thread, I think I'm making myself a viable target... just wanted to point out that it's become a war, not just a flame, an arguement, a 'heated discussion'... it's becoming a war.
Shyntlara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:48 PM   #65
Delerak
Senior Member
 
Delerak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Name: Dan
Location: New York
Posts: 716
Delerak is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Delerak Send a message via AIM to Delerak Send a message via MSN to Delerak Send a message via Yahoo to Delerak
America thinks they own the moon too. Don't forget the moon.
Delerak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 11:53 AM   #66
KaVir
Legend
 
KaVir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Name: Richard
Home MUD: God Wars II
Posts: 2,052
KaVir will become famous soon enoughKaVir will become famous soon enough
Just a bit of a rant, but has anyone else noticed how the "Recent Forum Discussions" on the front page never seems to contain anything other than promotions?  With some people posting a separate advert for each job position, some repeating the exact same post on both the players and staff forums, and others constantly bumping their old ads (either with more advertising or sometimes even just the word "bump"), it's hardly surprising, but it's basically made the recent discussions list useless for actually following recent discussions. And on the rare occasions when there is actually a discussion, it turns out just to be Soljax crying about how he's been mistreated for cheating.
KaVir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 01:33 PM   #67
Alastair
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 120
Alastair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alastair
Quote:
Originally Posted by (KaVir @ Dec. 08 2003,16:53)
 And on the rare occasions when there is actually a discussion, it turns out just to be Soljax crying about how he's been mistreated for cheating.
This is obviously a gross mischaracterization.

Soljax is complaining because his well-meant playtesting and superior game-balancing skills are being ignored on a constant basis by all those ungrateful imps who should be thanking him on their knees for the invaluable time he spends on their games.

They should all be RUSHING to get his advice instead of perma-banning him, yet he only earns ingratitude and insults.

BTW, KaVir, I'm sure you _need_ a scathing review explaining the fine points of the balancing mistakes between the Cobra, Asp and Viper stances wielding a main gauche on Glad 3. Why don't you let Soljax handle it? I'm pretty sure he'll also have lots to say about the black knight.
Alastair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 02:52 PM   #68
Jazuela
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: New England
Posts: 846
Jazuela will become famous soon enoughJazuela will become famous soon enough
Dear Soljax:

Please don't play Armageddon. You won't like it anyway. There is no game balance. This is intentional. No one wants game balance in Armageddon. If there was such a thing, then everyone would be the same. That would be boring. Boring is a bad thing.

I'll save you the trouble:

Armageddon's game balance is non-existent, and it ain't gonna change for you, or anyone else.

There. There's your review. Now go find some hack-n-slash you can "win" like a good boy, hm?
Jazuela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 04:14 PM   #69
soljax
New Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 21
soljax is on a distinguished road
I'd accept your challenge but I'm in the middle of finals season. Give me two weeks.
soljax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 01:45 AM   #70
tresspassor
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 45
tresspassor is on a distinguished road
Christmas Songs

Don't know where else to post this, but I'm getting all his CDs
tresspassor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2003, 04:41 AM   #71
welcor
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Aarhus, Denmark, Europe
Posts: 59
welcor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to welcor
Don't know where else to post this, but I'm getting all his CDs

*CRINGE*

Did you actually listen to those mp3s on that site ??!!

Panic! You couldn't escape!!!
welcor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:02 PM   #72
Ilkidarios
Senior Member
 
Ilkidarios's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Name: Lamont
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Posts: 436
Ilkidarios is on a distinguished road
Achaea sucks. Just felt like saying that.
Ilkidarios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:30 PM   #73
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,306
the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Ilkidarios @ Dec. 14 2004,18<!--emo&[img
http://www.topmudsites.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img])]Achaea sucks.  Just felt like saying that.
First of all, I just wanted to say that I agree completely. Your insightful flame is a boon to MUDers everywhere, but it's missing some valuable information for those who may want to see just how much it sucks. May I suggest visiting:

http://www.achaea.com

I find the worst thing about Achaea is that it's quite popular. If you're looking for a MUD that nobody else likes, this is not the place for you. Perhaps some of these quotes may help to convince other people of its extreme suckitude as well. Remember: STAY AWAY, it sucks!

"A widely respected MUD that downplays the traditional monster bashing in favor of highly developed player vs. player politics, economics, and world affairs." - about.com

"This is an RPG that harkens back to the good old days and is immensely popular." - G4/TechTV

"One of the biggest online text-based games." - Wired.com

"Few virtual worlds with an immensely complicated combat system avoid being completely dominated by it -- Achaea is the best-known exception." -- Dr. Richard Bartle, Inventor of MUDs

"I don't believe there's another game in existence with this much depth." - John Romero, Co-creator Doom and Quake.

In summary then, I think we can see that Achaea sucks ballz. Permit me to also warn you to stay away from other sucky games:

http://www.imperian.com
http://www.aetolia.com
http://www.lusternia.com

And you'll want to stay away from the evil company that owns all these sucky games: http://www.ironrealms.com.

Since the games are free to play, you too can witness first hand how much they suck without having to open your wallet!

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:59 PM   #74
WarHound
Member
 
WarHound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Locked in a place where no one goes...
Home MUD: Armageddon.org
Posts: 219
WarHound is on a distinguished road
I have a quote of my own:

Achaea: It's better than a case of screaming gonorrhea.

I actually played Imperian a few days ago. Pretty fun.
WarHound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 08:19 PM   #75
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,306
the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (WarHound @ Dec. 14 2004,18:59)
I have a quote of my own:

Achaea: It's better than a case of screaming gonorrhea.

I actually played Imperian a few days ago. Pretty fun.
I've never had gonorrhea, but Achaea sucks so bad that I can't see how having some measly venereal disease could be worse. Thus, I maintain that Achaea is NOT better than a case of screaming gonorrhea.
--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 09:12 PM   #76
dragon master
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 106
dragon master is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by (the_logos @ Dec. 14 2004,18:30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Ilkidarios @ Dec. 14 2004,18<!--emo&[img
http://www.topmudsites.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/wow.gif[/img])]Achaea sucks.  Just felt like saying that.
First of all, I just wanted to say that I agree completely. Your insightful flame is a boon to MUDers everywhere, but it's missing some valuable information for those who may want to see just how much it sucks. May I suggest visiting:

http://www.achaea.com

I find the worst thing about Achaea is that it's quite popular. If you're looking for a MUD that nobody else likes, this is not the place for you. Perhaps some of these quotes may help to convince other people of its extreme suckitude as well. Remember: STAY AWAY, it sucks!

"A widely respected MUD that downplays the traditional monster bashing in favor of highly developed player vs. player politics, economics, and world affairs." - about.com

"This is an RPG that harkens back to the good old days and is immensely popular." - G4/TechTV

"One of the biggest online text-based games." - Wired.com

"Few virtual worlds with an immensely complicated combat system avoid being completely dominated by it -- Achaea is the best-known exception." -- Dr. Richard Bartle, Inventor of MUDs

"I don't believe there's another game in existence with this much depth." - John Romero, Co-creator Doom and Quake.

In summary then, I think we can see that Achaea sucks ballz. Permit me to also warn you to stay away from other sucky games:

http://www.imperian.com
http://www.aetolia.com
http://www.lusternia.com

And you'll want to stay away from the evil company that owns all these sucky games: http://www.ironrealms.com.

Since the games are free to play, you too can witness first hand how much they suck without having to open your wallet!

--matt
Real quotes this time?

Anyways, I can give many reasons why Achaea sucks:
1) The staff: Achea's staff aren't really human but are the infernal spawn of satan. The logos thinks he is in charge but it is really a cult of Satan(aka. Bill Gates) worshipers and vampires. 0/10
2) The Graphics: Achaea's graphics suck. 0/10
3) The Storyline: Iron Realms releasing a mud in order to gain more money. That stories been repeated so many times... 0/10
4) Payment: Not only do you have to pay money to become become ub3r powerful. You have to sacrifice your first born to become really powerful. 0/10
5) Overall coolness: Achaea starts with the letter a. The letter a stands for awfully uncool. 0/10
6) Politics: Achaea is played by lots of people. There were lots of people that voted for a bad canidate last election. Achaea must be at fault 0/10
7) XP: Achaea gives 2000xp to the first person who says "Achaea rocks my socks!" on the public channel each day. Free xp! 10/10
8) Classes: the classes Achea reminds me of the most are the ones I attend at school 0/10
9) Races: its a race to get Iron Realms the most money! Capitalism at its best! 10/10
10) Levels: Achea is really easy to level up in (especially if you are favored by the staff) 10/10

30/100, F, Achaea suxxors!
dragon master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 10:35 PM   #77
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,306
the_logos will become famous soon enough
I'd like to provide the sucky game Achaea with some more of this excellently free publicity, because a game that's so unbelievably sucky needs it, badly. So let's go into your reasons a bit more:


Quote:
Originally Posted by
1) The staff: Achea's staff aren't really human but are the infernal spawn of satan. The logos thinks he is in charge but it is really a cult of Satan(aka. Bill Gates) worshipers and vampires. 0/10
Well, ignoring the fact that I think it's unfair to malign Bill Gates or Satan by comparing him to Achaea's staff, I mainly agree. I'm not sure you really captured the depths of their depravity though.


Quote:
Originally Posted by
2) The Graphics: Achaea's graphics suck.  0/10
I have to disagree here. I think they deserve worse than a 0, because not only does it barely have graphics, the graphics it does have are done using colored ASCII characters. I give it a -1 for graphics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
3) The Storyline: Iron Realms releasing a mud in order to gain more money. That stories been repeated so many times... 0/10
I'm not sure I entirely follow this but because it seems to be slamming Achaea, I agree completely. Trying to make money at something = suckage. I know I steadfastly refuse to buy food from any supermarket that is trying to make money. Why? Because they SUCK, just like Achaea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
4) Payment: Not only do you have to pay money to become become ub3r powerful. You have to sacrifice your first born to become really powerful. 0/10
God they suck so badly! Actually, I found a bug the other day in Achaea. A bug that exists in the design, because the designers SUCK. I discovered that it's actually possible to get anything you want in the game without ever spending a dime. I even met people that were abusing this 'bug' and had been getting away with it for years. Yet another reason Achaea SUCKS: They don't plug up design holes like this by forcing you to spend money to play or get good! THAT SUCKS. Fix bugs you idiot developers over there.



Quote:
Originally Posted by
5) Overall coolness: Achaea starts with the letter a. The letter a stands for awfully uncool. 0/10
I am not sure this is sound reasoning. I mean, while Aetolia also starts with an 'a', neither Imperian nor Lusternia start with an 'a' and they still suck. I think we need a broader rule here than merely starting with an 'a', though that's probably a good place to start.


Quote:
Originally Posted by
6) Politics: Achaea is played by lots of people. There were lots of people that voted for a bad canidate last election. Achaea must be at fault 0/10
Preach ON, brother man! Who were those idiots who voted for Viktor Yushchenko anyway? Putin doesn't approve of him and as all reasonable people know, "Putin is puttin' the R back in Russia." Once again, Achaea sucks.



Quote:
Originally Posted by

7) XP: Achaea gives 2000xp to the first person who says "Achaea rocks my socks!" on the public channel each day. Free xp! 10/10
Oooh, no no, you are sadly mistaken here. You should not be rating this a 10/10. In fact, what Achaea does, so I have heard, is give 20,000 xp to the first person each day who can provide evidence of having kicked a puppy. They have to provide a photo of themselves kicking a puppy while holding up a sign that says, "Achaea rocks my socks!" so you know they were kicking the puppy specifically for the bonus. I can't get down with puppy-kickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
9) Races: its a race to get Iron Realms the most money! Capitalism at its best! 10/10
What?? No, you're crazy. EVERYBODY on these boards with an ounce of sense knows that capitalism is evil and that charging people money for things makes you SUCK. You're simply wrong here. This is a 0/10. ACHAEA SUCKS.


Quote:
Originally Posted by
10) Levels: Achea is really easy to level up in (especially if you are favored by the staff) 10/10
Ok, but don't you think it could be easier to level up? And another thing that sucks about Achaea is that it's not all about monster bashing and gaining levels. I think that sucks. Any game where I can't succeed by mindless bashing of NPCs SUCKS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
30/100, F, Achaea suxxors!
I'd fire your ass if you taught at a school I ran. Professors like you are what cause grade inflation. Achaea gets no higher than a 5 or so. 30 indeed. *scoff*

In summary, yet again, Achaea sucks so hard it makes those fancy new Dyson vacuum cleaners look crap.

--matt
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 04:54 AM   #78
Sinuhe
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 55
Sinuhe is on a distinguished road
Nice new promotion stunt.
10/10
Sinuhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 05:51 AM   #79
the_logos
Moderator
 
the_logos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Mill Valley, California
Posts: 2,306
the_logos will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by (Sinuhe @ Dec. 15 2004,03:54)
Nice new promotion stunt.
10/10
Thanks! I figure if I have to put up with some dumbass flaming us, I will simply turn it into a bonus for us. Everytime a flamewar about Achaea appears here, our creations from Topmudsites spike a bit. Thus, everybody wins! The flamers get to have their little juvenile outbursts, and we get more players. Woot!

--matt
P.S. Iron Realms secretly based all its games off the DIKU codebase. Discuss amongst yourselves!
the_logos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 10:26 AM   #80
Murpe
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Augusta, SC USA
Posts: 52
Murpe is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Murpe Send a message via AIM to Murpe Send a message via Yahoo to Murpe
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by (the_logos @ Dec. 15 2004,04:51)
P.S. Iron Realms secretly based all its games off the DIKU codebase. Discuss amongst yourselves!
Aha! Its Vyrce @ Medievia in disguise!
Murpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


[Flames] - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flames, and what they are doing. Kinnith Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 06-09-2005 01:53 PM
Another Attempt to shout over the Flames Jeena Tavern of the Blue Hand 33 05-31-2005 10:00 PM
Tired of the Flames?  Here's a webcomic. Ilkidarios Tavern of the Blue Hand 0 05-09-2005 07:12 PM
Adventures Unlimited - Flames Ytrewtsu Advertising for Players 3 09-16-2004 12:21 AM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014