Alter Aeon December 2018 Update
Happy Holidays from all of us here at Alter Aeon! Now that it is December, we are giving out our December Advent Calendar gifts. Make sure you log in every day of the month to receive your gift!
Our Fall Festival event recently concluded, but don't you worry because our next one is on the way! Our Winter Solstice event will begin on Friday, December 21st and end on Saturday, January 5th. More information will be made available around December 19th via the 'event show' command. In the meantime, there are many trees roaming across the world for you to slay, which may have something to do with the upcoming event!
Last month we saw the following updates:
- Campfires now provide a bonus to movement regeneration for characters that are not fighting, if the room isn't too hot already.
- Heraldry has been changed so wings can be added to non-winged beasts, for example, winged boars. - Warrior combos no longer give parry or shield block bonuses unless you are wielding a weapon or wearing a shield, respectively.
- Most warrior power attacks are less effective at penetrating the armor of alert, healthy opponents, but receive heavy hitroll bonuses against enemies that are tripped, stunned, dazed, confused, demoralized or have less than half their hitpoints.
- Jab and shield slam are more effective at stunning.
- Poison has been updated in such a way that makes it more effective at lowering the regeneration of high level opponents.
- There have been adjustments to spell and skill trees, specifically to give all classes roughly the same number of critical spells and skills, and so that they are made available at intervals rather that at the same levels.
- The blue dart spell was changed so that when cast on yourself, it makes fiery blue darts that can be used as blowgun ammunition.
- Some shadow skills that previously could not be used while hidden now can, though most will unhide you.
- A 'describe' command to show the insult, inventory or fight, and ground strings, and the long descriptions of objects and mobs. This display will also be used for the upcoming 'description' list switch.
- Mined deposits are now owned by the group who prospected them and can only be excavated by the group that owns them. After about ten minutes, the deposits become un-owned and can be excavated by anyone.
- Changes were made to the money market system to streamline it and make it more intuitive.
- We released the Caves of Torment areas, which are two level 43 group 10 zones.
For next month:
- The option to strip their names from crafted objects with the 'craft unname' command will be added. This will not use profession points or other resources, but will not be reversible.
- We are working on several level 38 spells and skills that are planned to be released as part of the Winter Solstice event.
- We will add more support for ships and high seas adventuring.
- We plan on releasing the Ishi Province area in Suboria, a level 41 zone.
Lastly, we are having a contest to win credits! The contest rules will be announced in another presentation this coming Monday, the 3rd of the month. Make sure you subscribe to our Youtube channel so you don't miss out! Here is the link to our latest Youtube presentation: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zvRMr1QX_g
Last edited by the_draaks : 12-02-2018 at 01:35 AM.