Accursed Lands seeks roleplayers new and old
Welcome to an interactive novel in which the twists and plots are brought to life from people around the globe; a place where fiction takes form into a new reality.
The surface teems with bustling settlements, the skies are as vast as the oceans deep, and the immense underworld holds many mysteries. Whether you shall live for thrills, fortune and power, or the satisfaction of a finely honed craft, the rich textual environment detailed here allows you to shape the world to your will. You can found a homestead, an empire, or perhaps a personality only spoken of in whispers.
With some of the most sophisticated features available in a multi-user domain, we host one of the most immersive roleplaying experiences available anywhere today. Within the confines of a subtly gothic medieval environment, we welcome you in to play a main character in the unfolding story; to open the pages of this book and enjoy the story unfolding within.
Our community consists of aspiring or accomplished authors, actors, adventurers, administrators and analysts.
Accursed Lands is a highly realistic MUD based on a hugely modified version of the Lima mudlib. Holding the Beta tag for many years, it still manages to be an immersive and exciting game.
A small (inexhaustible) list of its features include:
- 7 unique races (with more to be released when finished)
- A massive world allowing players the ability to create their own buildings, make their own tunnels in the Underworld, and fly, walk, ride or swim over and around the 6 million room terrain
- Limaweb: a custom http to mud interface allowing players the ability to interact with many OOC actions via a web browser
- An advanced emote system allowing players to target objects and living things, as well as speech in an emote
- A combat system allowing different body parts to be attacked or protected
- A quest-like approach for discovering the secretive (and worldly disliked) world of magic
- A friendly and interesting community
There's lots more, but the only way to find out the rest is to try for yourself!
Telnet Link to Game