|07-15-2010, 01:47 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2004
Home MUD: ConQUEST
Come try ConQUEST!
I would like to invite you all to come try out ConQUEST. We have been in
development for approximately 5 years now, and are finally at a stage of
completion where we are beginning to look for active players. To tell you a
little about the mud:
* The Mud base is NakedMud; all game content has been written from scratch.
* We have a detailed crafting and trading system. All equipment outside of the
newbie zone, mundane and magical, is player made.
* Powerful magical items can take days, or even weeks, to create and require
collaboration by multiple crafters, each with specialization in their own
unique area of crafting.
* Combat is manual, using an action point system. It is fast-paced, and often
requires you to react to and anticipate your opponent's moves.
* We are a classless, levelless mud that offers an indepth player customization
process. Advancement is through the acquisition of magical items and character
'traits' that provide modifications to how you fight.
* You can rechoose your combat skills any time you are in town; experimenting
with different skills and weapon combinations is encouraged.
* We offer a large, rich 80,000 room wilderness with overhead map that
encourages exploration. Special resources, treasures, and dungeons can be
found randomly spawned throughout the land.
* Competitive prestige items will be available to players who win weekly
tournaments in areas of monster hunting, treasure finding, and PvP. These
items decay after a week, and must be won back at the next tournament.
* Players are encouraged to submit crafting and moster ideas according to our
design guidelines. Ideas that become implemented are rewarded with experience
and copies of the submitted recipes.
While ConQUEST is its own unique game, it has drawn many influences from others
such as Icesus, GodWars II, Aeonian Dreams, and Ultima Online. If you have
enjoyed any of these games, you will surely find a loved home at ConQUEST.
Sorry, we are not recruiting builders or programmers. However, we hope to see
you drop by and try our mud!
We also have a custom client currently being developed, and available at:
|07-16-2010, 08:00 PM||#2|
Join Date: Oct 2005
Re: Come try ConQUEST!
I just wanted to add that I've played every mud out there over the past 12 plus years, and in all my searching I have not found a mud quite as unique and fun to play as ConQUEST.
Exploring has been made fun enough that the grind has been taken out of hunting.
The crafting system has been put together extremely well, and it is very interesting to try new recipes, or just to put things together and see what happens.
The combat takes a little getting used too, but it is so good to see a mud put time and effort into making combat fun and rewarding.
Anyway, come try it out... I think you'll like it.
|07-17-2010, 07:42 PM||#3|
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: Come try ConQUEST!
Posting to agree with Brawndel: It's fun (the fast paced combat system is wicked awesome once you get into it) and I can't wait to start building a shack out in the wilderness. The crafting and questing is pretty sweet too.