Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2003, 10:51 PM   #1
Denday_TechMagi
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2
Denday_TechMagi is on a distinguished road
Hi i need help with mprogs mainly.  The codebase the mud i work on is ROM 2.4  If anybody could help me out email me or reply to this on how i can get in touch with you . So i can get help with that  Xxlegolas79xX@aol.com
that is my email

Denday TechMagi, Builder-Chrono Caedus
Denday_TechMagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 01:14 AM   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 46
Tezcatlipoca is an unknown quantity at this point
No offense ment by any means, but you may get better results (if you find you don't get many that is) by posting specifics on the problem and having the conversation happen in the thread. Many of the people probably will be encouraged to help if all they had to do is read, decide if they can help, and reply, as opposed to not knowing what they are being asked to help with, having to email someone to find out, then waiting to see if they really can help. Also this way if someone makes a mistake in their response, then it will sooner be caught.
Now if what you intend to ask about is something you want as "secret" code, then probably should just ignore this . But i think you'll get great results if you allow people to just answer their thoughts on the subject, instead of almost asking if they can.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2003, 01:20 AM   #3
Denday_TechMagi
New Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 2
Denday_TechMagi is on a distinguished road
Ok, I need help doing Mprogs. I cant do them and my area(s) seem bleh... I never really understood the Mprogs or PROGS all together. So, what i am asking is help on doing Mprogs. The Codebase is ROM 2.4.

Denday

(P.S. Is this better)
Denday_TechMagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2003, 06:46 AM   #4
Davairus
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 157
Davairus is an unknown quantity at this point
Mobprogs need vnums just like mobs and eq.  Here's how it works on mine.

[code]
edit mobprog create #
[/quote]

That makes your mobprog.  Put a vnum you have access to where the # is.  Remember this vnum, you'll use that number later.

[code]
name (whatever)
[/quote]

This names your mobprog, yeah.. useful for finding it again

[code]
code
[/quote]

Puts you in the mobprog editor.  This is the easy part to get to, I am sure you got this far.  Alright here's a quicky:

[code]
if rand 20
say Howdy.
else
say Loser.
endif
[/quote]

rand is a number from 1 to 100.  In this example, the mobprog has a 20% chance to say Howdy, and because of the else.. it has an 80% chance to say loser.  This if / else/ endif thing is the bread and butter of mobprogs.  "rand 20" could have been "ispc $n", "class $n thief".. and whatever else your coder has programmed for you.

[code]
edit mob XXXXX
[/quote]

edit one of your mobs.. to put the mobprog on him

[code]
addmprog # GREET 100
[/quote]

This adds the mobprog to the mob.  Simple!  The "GREET 100" part here means the mobprog has a 100% chance to happen when someone enters the room.  So, every time someone walks in, 20% of the time he'll say hi, and the rest he'll be calling people losers.

There's a lot of things you can substitute .. "rand 20" can be anything allowed.  Similarly the "GREET 100" can be other stuff..  "RANDOM 100"  means the mob has a 100% chance to do the mobprog every otherer tick, "FIGHT 100" means the mobprog has a 100% chance to do the mobprog every round of combat.. just play around.. see what you can come up with.  BTW, if you want the mob to cast a spell, you'll probably have to do "mob cast icicle" etc.

Oh and, make sure your mobs have infravision before you decide your mobprog won't work, I've found many rookie mobprog makers fall into that trap over and over, for like, a month.
Davairus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


I need some prog help - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Builder Prog Tools Dovolente MUD Builders and Areas 0 07-29-2005 02:36 PM

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014