Top Mud Sites Forum Return to TopMudSites.com
Go Back   Top Mud Sites Forum > Mud Development and Administration > MUD Builders and Areas
Click here to Register

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2009, 12:32 AM   #1
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

The 2009 Isles Builder Competition

** Please feel free to copy this information and post it elsewhere to raise awareness of the competition. **

The Isles MUD at nimud.divineright.org 5333 has an open call for creative people who want to add to our service. To drum up additional participation, we have decided to host a builder's competition this summer.

Everyone who feels they are qualified is invited to participate.

TO PARTICIPATE:
We encourage experienced builders to login to nimud.divineright.org 5333 and submit an application with a new character (or, existing character if you have one), indicating you wish to build or 'write'. In your "builder resume" please include mention of "the contest" or "the competition". Tell us if you will be attempting our scripts "trace" feature or not. Applicants must include at least 1 paragraph describing their building experience. We recommend prior experience with at least ROMolc.

After you are approved, your character will be given builder status.

Everyone who wants to participate will be given access to building features. The features will seem similar to ROMolc and other OLCs, however they are tailored to the very advanced OLC needs we have. Locke will be available to train you on methods if you email him with specific questions during the building phase.

FINALIZING YOUR APPLICATION AS A CONTEST PARTICIPANT:
Once you have read through our documentation, also available on the web at http://www.nimud.org, applied and been approved, you must write Locke at the email address provided (herb-dot-gilliland-at-gmail-dot-com), and request the type of area you want to create (science fiction, fantasy, etc) and a basic 500 word outline of what kinds of things will be included in your work.

ALL ENTRIES WILL BE GIVEN 100 VNUMS, BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK FOR MORE IF YOU NEED THEM.

USE OF SCRIPTING:
To use our scripting language, it is a complex process that must be discussed first. However, certain aspects of our scripting system are designed to effectively, rapidly develop automations for actors and props. Scripting will be an optional part of the contest, but is encouraged. We will permit the use of the "TRACE" feature only for the competition, and we will demo the feature which is also documented. It is optional to use scripts, and scripts will only be considered in the 'entertainment factor' of our judges' analysis.

PRIZES:

* Your area and its results will be published along with your credits. This is the "consolation" prize.

* The top winner (1st place) will receive an "I built this MUD" T-shirt in the color of their choice, along with a "niMUD.org" mug with their face or image of their choice.

* The 2nd place winner will receive an "I built this MUD" T-shirt in black.

* "The twink award" goes to the worst area with the most comedic potential (determined by the judges' vote or concensus) who will receive a "Noob, I got PK'd" green T-shirt.

Winners must submit to Locke their shipping address and preferred T-shirt size (S,M,L,XL,XXL,XXXL) to receive their prize. First prize winners must submit an image to receive an image on their mug. This will be taken care of after the winners are announced.

FORFEIT YOUR PRIZE AS A DONATION (OPTIONAL):
Winners may opt to have the prize money donated to a MUD of their choice. [Chosen MUDs or mud services may not include illegally operating services taking donations illegally, or our service nimud.org, The Isles MUD, etc. Prize money will be equal to the cost+shipping of the prize forfeited. We will consider other charitable organizations if they are suggested by the winner. It's about $20-30.]

Competition rules:

* Participants must sign up and be approved by July 4th, 2009; applicants who apply sooner than July 4th get extra time to learn the OLC and can begin building as soon as they are approved.

* Areas must be built on The Isles at nimud.divineright.org 5333 starting at the time of approval through August 15, 2009.

* Some tutorial information will be provided by Locke, but it is only available at his discretion during the period of July 4, 2009 through August 1, 2009. You can always email him with specific questions. If you ask too many questions, though, you will be ignored. We reserve the right not answer questions if they require too much effort. Only ask about specific methods or flags.

* Winners of the competition will receive a prize notice and should receive their prizes by November 1, 2009. Winners will be announced August 31, 2009

USE OF BOTS, CLIENTS AND THIRD-PARTY PROGRAMS:
Participants may use macros, clients, bots etc to build viable areas. However, participants are not allowed to spam or attempt to crash intentionally The Isles MUD, or in any way disrupt other builders who are participating. We reserve the right to revoke access and disqualify participants based on these grounds.

RESERVATION OF AUTHORITY:
I reserve the right to adjust these parameters if there are delays in finding judges, acquiring participants; if judges drop out of the competition before the end, I reserve to be the sole judge.

Judge's considerations (how the contest is judged):

TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION:
To be considered complete, an area must have at least 10 fully described rooms including resets (rooms with at least a one paragraph [4+ sentence] description), 5 fully described [4+ sentence] and clothed / equipped actors, and at least 10 unique objects. Entries which are not up to these standards will not be considered in the competition.

BALANCING HELP IS PROVIDED BY LOCKE:
Balancing may occur during the review phase when judges are playing the area and are too low a level. However, if it occurs during this phase it will count negatively. Thus, Locke will also be available during the last few days (August 12-15) to help balance statistics before the end of the build phase. Locke reserves the right to make changes to your area as he sees fit with respect to statistics. Disqualifications based on incompleteness will also occur during this period.

ON AUGUST 15th, MIDNIGHT EST:
Locke will return participants' characters to mortal level and lock you out of the building tools until the winners are announced on August 31st.

JUDGEMENT CATEGORIES:
Judges will consider an area's completeness, entertainment value, number of working quests, uniqueness of the design and ideas.

Do you want to help us judge?

We are also taking applications for an area judging panel. 4 judges will be chosen by me and announced the day of the closing of the applications, July 4th, 2009, at midnight EST. Judges will play each area together over a period of a week and privately cast their votes. [Please only apply if you can participate in the decision phase starting August 15 and ending August 25] To apply, send an email to herb-dot-gilliland-at-gmail-dot-com

ADDENDUM: Judges cannot be participants and participants cannot judge.

PERMISSION TO USE: To clarify, by participating you are agreeing to permit us to use your area in our service and permitting us to publish your entry with our software package.

CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL: In the event of mud crashes and loss of work, nothing can be done about this. We hope you will cooperate in fixing whatever bug caused the crash. It should not dramatically effect your available time during the building phase and, frankly, the server comes back within 15 minutes of even the worst bugs as long as I am around to catch them.

Locke

Last edited by locke : 06-22-2009 at 12:46 AM.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:15 AM   #2
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Potential entrants advised to read: http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/le...-uses-olc.html

Know who you might be submitting entries to. Just a thought, but if he's willing to violate the Diku/Merc license openly, who says he won't violate your own rights to your own areas too?
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:30 AM   #3
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
Potential entrants advised to read: http://www.topmudsites.com/forums/le...-uses-olc.html

Know who you might be submitting entries to. Just a thought, but if he's willing to violate the Diku/Merc license openly, who says he won't violate your own rights to your own areas too?
Yes, and I killed JFK. Twice.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:18 AM   #4
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

So, to take a page from the TMC forum:

If an entrant submits an area under these terms now, do they get to come back in 10 years and revoke that license and demand you remove that area then?
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:03 AM   #5
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

From Richard Bartle's "Players Who Suit MUDs"

Quote:
iv) Killers get their kicks from imposing themselves on others. This may be "nice", ie. busybody do-gooding, but few people practice such an approach because the rewards (a warm, cosy inner glow, apparently) aren't very substantial. Much more commonly, people attack other players with a view to killing off their personae (hence the name for this style of play). The more massive the distress caused, the greater the killer's joy at having caused it. Normal points-scoring is usually required so as to become powerful enough to begin causing havoc in earnest, and exploration of a kind is necessary to discover new and ingenious ways to kill people. Even socialising is sometimes worthwhile beyond taunting a recent victim, for example in finding out someone's playing habits, or discussing tactics with fellow killers. They're all just means to an end, though; only in the knowledge that a real person, somewhere, is very upset by what you've just done, yet can themselves do nothing about it, is there any true adrenalin-shooting, juicy fun.
Killers says things like:
"Ha!"
"Coward!"
"Die!"
"Die! Die! Die!"
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:39 AM   #6
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

If only you realized how true and accurate that wall of text was about you.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:25 AM   #7
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
If only you realized how true and accurate that wall of text was about you.
I'm a practicing Buddhist. The only person I would kill is myself in protest of inhumane acts of violence.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:00 AM   #8
prof1515
Senior Member
 
prof1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 791
prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
The only person I would kill is myself in protest of inhumane acts of violence.
Have you heard about Guantanamo Bay, Darfur, Iraq and Afghanistan?
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by prof1515 View Post
Have you heard about Guantanamo Bay, Darfur, Iraq and Afghanistan?
Yes, my cousin is a COL POLAD who helped shut down Gitmo. (Which you would know, if you read my personal web page, that he is stationed in Iraq as of March 2008. He returned, finally, last week.) I protested actively and organized protests from 1999-2003 until I left the movement to focus on my dwindling financial situation and graduation which had been delayed. I can't talk too much about specifics of my involvement because several of my friends were arrested including my colleague Prof. Steven Kurtz. One of my friends fled to Thailand where he lived for 5 years and got married to someone he fled with. I've never really done anything as radical as Bill Ayers but it's just best not to focus on the past in that case. I'm a FAS scientist (I donated to "learning technologies").

Last edited by locke : 06-22-2009 at 12:22 PM.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 02:40 PM   #10
Mabus
Member
 
Mabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 213
Mabus is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
Yes, my cousin is a COL POLAD who helped shut down Gitmo.
Must be an amazing feat, since GITMO is still open.

The Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2009 (H.R. 2346) even stopped funding for potential release of detainees.

Maybe a fantasy cousin of yours shut down a fantasy area representation of GITMO in a derived codebase in which you are violating the license?
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:12 PM   #11
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
Must be an amazing feat, since GITMO is still open.

The Supplemental Appropriations Act of 2009 (H.R. 2346) even stopped funding for potential release of detainees.
Yeah well since March 2008 he has been reassigned to Baghdad. He came home for a week to give a talk at a university, and now he's back in Iraq. I don't pretend to think that the Obama Administration is really doing anything other than saving face, and weakly at that. I think we'll see what will happen to the "Yes We Can" movement -- which may be interpreted as "Yes We Can . . . " (insert anti-Obama rhetoric where ... appears)

I voted for Obama. I only vote once every 8 years. I do not vote in local elections except once every 8 years as well and, frankly, my personal view is pretty cynical with respect to the US government. I don't really want to get into a political discussion so, I'll leave it at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
Maybe a fantasy cousin of yours shut down a fantasy area representation of GITMO in a derived codebase in which you are violating the license?
I'm not violating anything, so yes, that would be a fantasy.

Anyway, I'm done posting responses to comments here. If you want to sign up for the contest, go right ahead. I'll be here only to post updates about the contest.

Regards,
-h
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:24 PM   #12
Mabus
Member
 
Mabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 213
Mabus is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
I'm not violating anything, so yes, that would be a fantasy.
I am glad to hear that you have added back all the required copyright notices to your MERC/DIKU derived codebase, if that is what you are stating.

As stated in the license:
Quote:
You may not remove any copyright notices from any of the documents or
sources given to you.
You have added these notices back then, yes?

Because the license also clearly states:
Quote:
You are allowed to alter DikuMud, source and documentation as long as
you do not violate any of the above stated rules.
So it would appear that if you removed those required notices you are not allowed to alter the source.

You understand that, no?
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:50 PM   #13
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

> You have added these notices back then, yes?

I never took them out of their original source files.

Goodbye, troll.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:27 PM   #14
Mabus
Member
 
Mabus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 213
Mabus is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
I never took them out of their original source files.
Then your derived nanny.c, as well as all other pre-exisiting DIKU files, do contain the copyright notices as required by the license?

It seems you stated you do not believe you need to follow the license in this post:
Quote:
You would be hard pressed to find act_mob.c or act_obj.c; while a few files do have similar names (nanny.c) they don't resemble Merc or Diku. Also, this has been done with several other source code packages from the same derivation point. What may have been communally perceived as permissible in 1993 may be construed differently now. However, I do not feel particularly motivated to add those notices to every single file
(bold my own)

If you took the notice out of DIKU files you are violating their license. It does not matter if you completely rewrite the files, as it is still a derived work that falls under the license. Removing the notice from the file to begin with disqualifies you from modifying the source (See portion of the DIKU license previously quoted).

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
Goodbye, troll.
Asking questions in a reasoned manner is not trolling.

Proving a lie (eg. "Yes, my cousin is a COL POLAD who helped shut down Gitmo.", When GITMO is still open) is not trolling.

Perhaps you could use that self-believed IQ of yours to see the difference.
Mabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:20 PM   #15
prof1515
Senior Member
 
prof1515's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Illinois
Posts: 791
prof1515 will become famous soon enoughprof1515 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to prof1515 Send a message via Yahoo to prof1515
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mabus View Post
Perhaps you could use that self-believed IQ of yours to see the difference.
I think he's confusing his IQ with his SAT score.

As for Herbie Elwood the T'ird's response to my post, I shall interpret:

Code:
<<My post<<<<<<<<<

          His head
prof1515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:43 PM   #16
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
The 2009 Isles Builder Competition

** Please feel free to copy this information and post it elsewhere to raise awareness of the competition. **

The Isles MUD at nimud.divineright.org 5333 has an open call for creative people who want to add to our service. To drum up additional participation, we have decided to host a builder's competition this summer.

Everyone who feels they are qualified is invited to participate.

TO PARTICIPATE:
We encourage experienced builders to login to nimud.divineright.org 5333 and submit an application with a new character (or, existing character if you have one), indicating you wish to build or 'write'. In your "builder resume" please include mention of "the contest" or "the competition". Tell us if you will be attempting our scripts "trace" feature or not. Applicants must include at least 1 paragraph describing their building experience. We recommend prior experience with at least ROMolc.

After you are approved, your character will be given builder status.

Everyone who wants to participate will be given access to building features. The features will seem similar to ROMolc and other OLCs, however they are tailored to the very advanced OLC needs we have. Locke will be available to train you on methods if you email him with specific questions during the building phase.

FINALIZING YOUR APPLICATION AS A CONTEST PARTICIPANT:
Once you have read through our documentation, also available on the web at http://www.nimud.org, applied and been approved, you must write Locke at the email address provided (herb-dot-gilliland-at-gmail-dot-com), and request the type of area you want to create (science fiction, fantasy, etc) and a basic 500 word outline of what kinds of things will be included in your work.

ALL ENTRIES WILL BE GIVEN 100 VNUMS, BUT YOU CAN ALWAYS ASK FOR MORE IF YOU NEED THEM.

USE OF SCRIPTING:
To use our scripting language, it is a complex process that must be discussed first. However, certain aspects of our scripting system are designed to effectively, rapidly develop automations for actors and props. Scripting will be an optional part of the contest, but is encouraged. We will permit the use of the "TRACE" feature only for the competition, and we will demo the feature which is also documented. It is optional to use scripts, and scripts will only be considered in the 'entertainment factor' of our judges' analysis.

PRIZES:

* Your area and its results will be published along with your credits. This is the "consolation" prize.

* The top winner (1st place) will receive an "I built this MUD" T-shirt in the color of their choice, along with a "niMUD.org" mug with their face or image of their choice.

* The 2nd place winner will receive an "I built this MUD" T-shirt in black.

* "The twink award" goes to the worst area with the most comedic potential (determined by the judges' vote or concensus) who will receive a "Noob, I got PK'd" green T-shirt.

Winners must submit to Locke their shipping address and preferred T-shirt size (S,M,L,XL,XXL,XXXL) to receive their prize. First prize winners must submit an image to receive an image on their mug. This will be taken care of after the winners are announced.

FORFEIT YOUR PRIZE AS A DONATION (OPTIONAL):
Winners may opt to have the prize money donated to a MUD of their choice. [Chosen MUDs or mud services may not include illegally operating services taking donations illegally, or our service nimud.org, The Isles MUD, etc. Prize money will be equal to the cost+shipping of the prize forfeited. We will consider other charitable organizations if they are suggested by the winner. It's about $20-30.]

Competition rules:

* Participants must sign up and be approved by July 4th, 2009; applicants who apply sooner than July 4th get extra time to learn the OLC and can begin building as soon as they are approved.

* Areas must be built on The Isles at nimud.divineright.org 5333 starting at the time of approval through August 15, 2009.

* Some tutorial information will be provided by Locke, but it is only available at his discretion during the period of July 4, 2009 through August 1, 2009. You can always email him with specific questions. If you ask too many questions, though, you will be ignored. We reserve the right not answer questions if they require too much effort. Only ask about specific methods or flags.

* Winners of the competition will receive a prize notice and should receive their prizes by November 1, 2009. Winners will be announced August 31, 2009

USE OF BOTS, CLIENTS AND THIRD-PARTY PROGRAMS:
Participants may use macros, clients, bots etc to build viable areas. However, participants are not allowed to spam or attempt to crash intentionally The Isles MUD, or in any way disrupt other builders who are participating. We reserve the right to revoke access and disqualify participants based on these grounds.

RESERVATION OF AUTHORITY:
I reserve the right to adjust these parameters if there are delays in finding judges, acquiring participants; if judges drop out of the competition before the end, I reserve to be the sole judge.

Judge's considerations (how the contest is judged):

TO AVOID DISQUALIFICATION:
To be considered complete, an area must have at least 10 fully described rooms including resets (rooms with at least a one paragraph [4+ sentence] description), 5 fully described [4+ sentence] and clothed / equipped actors, and at least 10 unique objects. Entries which are not up to these standards will not be considered in the competition.

BALANCING HELP IS PROVIDED BY LOCKE:
Balancing may occur during the review phase when judges are playing the area and are too low a level. However, if it occurs during this phase it will count negatively. Thus, Locke will also be available during the last few days (August 12-15) to help balance statistics before the end of the build phase. Locke reserves the right to make changes to your area as he sees fit with respect to statistics. Disqualifications based on incompleteness will also occur during this period.

ON AUGUST 15th, MIDNIGHT EST:
Locke will return participants' characters to mortal level and lock you out of the building tools until the winners are announced on August 31st.

JUDGEMENT CATEGORIES:
Judges will consider an area's completeness, entertainment value, number of working quests, uniqueness of the design and ideas.

Do you want to help us judge?

We are also taking applications for an area judging panel. 4 judges will be chosen by me and announced the day of the closing of the applications, July 4th, 2009, at midnight EST. Judges will play each area together over a period of a week and privately cast their votes. [Please only apply if you can participate in the decision phase starting August 15 and ending August 25] To apply, send an email to herb-dot-gilliland-at-gmail-dot-com

ADDENDUM: Judges cannot be participants and participants cannot judge.

PERMISSION TO USE: To clarify, by participating you are agreeing to permit us to use your area in our service and permitting us to publish your entry with our software package.

CIRCUMSTANCES BEYOND OUR CONTROL: In the event of mud crashes and loss of work, nothing can be done about this. We hope you will cooperate in fixing whatever bug caused the crash. It should not dramatically effect your available time during the building phase and, frankly, the server comes back within 15 minutes of even the worst bugs as long as I am around to catch them.
We're still accepting new applications.

Locke
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:06 AM   #17
Samson
Member
 
Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: United Socialist States of America
Home MUD: SmaugMuds.org
Home MUD: Arthmoor MUD Hosting
Posts: 249
Samson is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
> You have added these notices back then, yes?

I never took them out of their original source files.
Funny, because I've got several copies of "your" codebase sitting here which are devoid of credits to Diku/Merc in ANY of the source code files. Files you tried to submit to MudBytes last year or the year before (hard to keep track with you) and even your March 2009 update I grabbed from Sourceforge is still devoid of same. Perhaps you'd care to try again?

I wonder if Sourceforge would appreciate hearing about this sort of thing going on on their website?
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:16 PM   #18
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samson View Post
I wonder if Sourceforge would appreciate hearing about this sort of thing going on on their website?
I doubt they care what your opinion is.
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #19
locke
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Home MUD: nimud.divineright.org 5333
Posts: 195
locke is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Well, as long as no one signs up I don't have to pay for any prizes, yay!
locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:27 AM   #20
noodles
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 30
noodles is on a distinguished road
Re: PRIZE$ ! OPEN CONTEST FOR BUILDERS! HURRY, APPLY NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by locke View Post
Well, as long as no one signs up I don't have to pay for any prizes, yay!
Maybe offer a higher prize... that, or tell them about your amazing uptime. Yeah, that'll do the trick.
noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Style based on a design by Essilor
Copyright Top Mud Sites.com 2014